Scrupulation

  • oracleintl
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 29, 2013
      Hi Sue,
      I wondered that as well. I am not sure that scrupulation is a
      legitimately recognized modern era word but it does appear to have been used in Old
      English as a substitute for the word, "scrutiny." For example, "... in
      England, called Muswell, which, after long scrupulation and inquisition, this
      well was found, and performed the cure ..."
      Although the sentence makes no sense to me, I find this modern era example
      - "... wrote a touching letter to President Bill Clinton in support of the
      application and Clinton granted, even though his presidential term was in
      mass scrupulation."
      Even in context, I have no clue what that means.
      I also find others that do seem to make better sense,
      "... been some scrupulation to the legitimacy of the "heritage" of the
      flag, it remains a powerful symbol of the South-Eastern United States. (From
      the Urban Dictionary about the Confederate Flag)
      "The B.P.'s viewpoint led to intense scrupulation by the authorities."
      "... that the original origins of the universe and the meaning of life
      theory you developed would stand up to the most microscopic scrupulation?"
      "After much scrupulation over whether or not a Brightside ..."
      I still do not believe it is a legitimately recognized word, but further
      inquisition and scrupulation would be required before I would feel sure.
      Bill

      In a message dated 4/27/2013 12:45:24 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
      suesarkis@... writes:

      Forgive my ignorance but what the heck is scrupulation?

      sue

      In a message dated 4/26/2013 8:17:36 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
      _MitchD@..._ (mailto:MitchD@...) writes:

      were here because the dr oz show changed air time and faced network
      scrupulation on the wide discussion of flatulation in the home and
      workplace and how to curnb it ;) lol

      Mitch Davis
      TSCM/Special Operations Group Inc.
      20 Music Square West,Suite 208
      Nashville, TN. 37203 USA
      615.251.0441
      Fax 615.523.0300
      www.tscmusa.com

      Technical Investigation Services
      Handheld Communication Forensics/GPS forensics
      Technical Surveillance Experts
      Expert Witness Services

      Notice:This message is intended only for the use of the individual or
      entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is
      privileged,
      confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.
      If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or agent
      responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are
      hereby
      notified that any dissemination
      or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have
      received this electronic transmission in error, please delete it from your
      system without copying it and notify
      the sender by reply e-mail so that the email address record can be
      corrected. Thank you.

      (http://www.rmriinc.com/)

      > RMRI, Inc. Blog
      > (1) http://rmriincblog.com/

    • MitchD
      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 29, 2013
        Painstaking combination of everything put into an examination, kind of
        like diligent to the ten fold
        all done w humor at best....

        On 4/29/2013 11:26 AM, oracleintl@... wrote:

> [...]
        > > be a point in which common sense should prevail when a person posts to
        > > a group. You have to know that if you want to post negative comments
        > > about this group and it's moderators, that the post has a high
        > > likelihood of not going through.
        > >
        > > Besides, if you think so little of this group, why are you here?
        > >
        > > Ricky B. Gurley.
        > >
        > > Risk Management Research & Investments, Inc. & Thoth Data Systems
        > > Agency License Number: 2011001124
        > >
        > > Director of Operations: Ricky Gurley
        > > Private Investigator License Number: 2011001072
        > >
        > > Mailing Address: 2101 W. Broadway PMB 326, Columbia, MO. 65203
        > > Office Address: 1 E. Broadway Suite Z, Columbia, MO. 65203
        > > Direct Office Number: (573) 234-6876
        > > Office Phone: (573) 234-4647 Ext. 110
        > > Cell Phone: (573) 529-4476
        > > Company Toll Free Phone: (877) 571-7486
        > > Personal Toll Free Phone: (888) 571-0958

      • RickyG
        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 29, 2013
          I don't understand how any of you missed this legitimate word? Although Mitch misused it, Sue did not understand it, Ron has never heard of it, Bob is making a joke of it, and Bill has given us a history lesson on it; nobody seems to understand it!

          Scrupulation (1) Scrutiny of another person's scruples. (The Judge's scrupulation of the witness was not very flattering). (After intense scrupulation of Derrick Marshall, I found him running low on scruples).

          Present Tense: Scrupulate (1) To scrutinize another person's scruples. (Due to the statement that you just made, I feel compelled to scrupulate you).

          Past Tense: Scrupulated (1) To have scrutinized another person scruples. (He was intensely scrupulated, and I now trust him).

          You pepes gotta learn something bout the English language!

          Ricky B. Gurley.

          --- In infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com, oracleintl@... wrote:

> [...]
          > > be a point in which common sense should prevail when a person posts to
          > > a group. You have to know that if you want to post negative comments
          > > about this group and it's moderators, that the post has a high
          > > likelihood of not going through.
          > >
          > > Besides, if you think so little of this group, why are you here?
          > >
          > > Ricky B. Gurley.
          > >
          > > Risk Management Research & Investments, Inc. & Thoth Data Systems
          > > Agency License Number: 2011001124
          > >
          > > Director of Operations: Ricky Gurley
          > > Private Investigator License Number: 2011001072
          > >
          > > Mailing Address: 2101 W. Broadway PMB 326, Columbia, MO. 65203
          > > Office Address: 1 E. Broadway Suite Z, Columbia, MO. 65203
          > > Direct Office Number: (573) 234-6876
          > > Office Phone: (573) 234-4647 Ext. 110
          > > Cell Phone: (573) 529-4476
          > > Company Toll Free Phone: (877) 571-7486
          > > Personal Toll Free Phone: (888) 571-0958

        • Bob Hrodey
          Message 4 of 13 , Apr 29, 2013
            On 4/29/2013 12:51 PM, RickyG wrote:
            > I don't understand how any of you missed this legitimate word? Although Mitch misused it, Sue did not understand it, Ron has never heard of it, Bob is making a joke of it, and Bill has given us a history lesson on it; nobody seems to understand it!
            >
            > Scrupulation (1) Scrutiny of another person's scruples. (The Judge's scrupulation of the witness was not very flattering). (After intense scrupulation of Derrick Marshall, I found him running low on scruples).
            >
            > Present Tense: Scrupulate (1) To scrutinize another person's scruples. (Due to the statement that you just made, I feel compelled to scrupulate you).
            >
            > Past Tense: Scrupulated (1) To have scrutinized another person scruples. (He was intensely scrupulated, and I now trust him).
            >

            > You pepes gotta learn something bout the English language!

            Aren't you 'posed to have sumthin' dere bout y'all?

            --
            Enjoy,

            /Bob/
            Hrodey & Associates Established 1977
            Woodstock, IL 60098-0366 NCISS, & P.A.W.L.I.
            email: inquiry@... or rth@...
            Illinois License 115-000783 Wisconsin 8045-063

          • MitchD
            Message 5 of 13 , Apr 29, 2013
              scrupulation: process of vetting something with diligence ie had i
              sanctioned proper scrupulation of the spy shop i would have found out i
              was setting myself up to get marshalled........

            • jquac
              Message 6 of 13 , Apr 29, 2013
                In a message dated 4/29/2013 9:26:09 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
                oracleintl@... writes:

                "... wrote a touching letter to President Bill Clinton in support of the
                application and Clinton granted, even though his presidential term was in
                mass scrupulation."

                ....and then Clinton responded "I have NEVER engaged in scrupulation with
                that woman!"

                Michele Dawn
                RPS 117 & CA PI 24790
                Rancho Attorney Service of California &
                RASCAL's Research & Location Services
                28465 Old Town Front St #318
                Temecula, CA 92590
                (951) 693-0165 or fax (951) 693-4056
                CALSpro NAPPS CAJP NCISS
                "Tweet" to rascalprocess
                See our website at _www.ranchoattorneyservice.com_
                (http://www.ranchoattorneyservice.com/)
                MC - Visa - American Express

              • Ronald DeCaro
                Message 7 of 13 , Apr 29, 2013
                  Interesting, although perhaps not very productive discussion. It helped me attain my goal of learning a new word every day. Thanks

                  Ronald R. DeCaro
                  Private Investigator - CA License No. PI21993
                  INTEGRATED INSURANCE INVESTIGATIONS
                  PO Box 888 - Mira Loma - CA - 91752-0888
                  Phone (951) 360-8880 Fax (951) 360-5957
                  E-mail: Roncaro@...

                  Message 8 of 13 , Apr 29, 2013
                    In a message dated 4/29/2013 12:24:46 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
                    Roncaro@... writes:

                    It helped me attain my goal of learning a new word every day. Thanks

                    Ronald R. DeCaro

                    What new word? According to the following dictionaries which I actually
                    checked, the word does not exist. However, I realize that ..... oh, never
                    mind !!

                    American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language,
                    Collins English Dictionary,
                    Vocabulary.com,
                    Macmillan Dictionary,
                    Merriam-Webster's Online Dictionary, 11th Edition,
                    the Wordnik,
                    Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary,
                    Wiktionary,
                    Compact Oxford English Dictionary,
                    Webster's New World College Dictionary, 4th Ed.,
                    The Wordsmyth English Dictionary-Thesaurus,
                    Infoplease Dictionary,
                    the Dictionary.com,
                    Online Etymology Dictionary,
                    UltraLingua English Dictionary,
                    Cambridge Dictionary of American English,
                    Cambridge International Dictionary of Idioms,
                    The Wikipedia, the Free Encyclopedia,
                    Online Plain Text English Dictionary,
                    Webster's Revised Unabridged, 1913 Edition,
                    Rhymezone,
                    CMU Pronouncing,
                    AllWords.com Multi-Lingual Dictionary,
                    R-O-Matic Italian/English Dictionary,
                    Webster's 1828 Dictionary,
                    Virdainas - a Sudovian Dictionary,
                    Collins Pocket French Dictionary (English to French),
                    Collins Pocket German Dictionary (English to German),
                    Collins Pocket Italian Dictionary (English to Italian),
                    Collins Pocket Spanish Dictionary (English to Spanish),
                    Dict.cc Englisch/Deutsch Wörterbuch,
                    Dictionary of Phrase and Fable (1898),
                    the Free Dictionary,
                    Mnemonic Dictionary,
                    WordNet 1.7 Vocabulary Helper,
                    LookWAYup Translating Dictionary/Thesaurus,
                    the Dictionary/thesaurus,
                    the Online Talking Dictionary,
                    Eurodict Online,
                    Wikimedia Commons US English Pronunciations,
                    Lexical FreeNet (shows word connections),
                    Mennonite Low German Dictionary,
                    LITTLE EXPLORERS(TM) Picture Dictionary, and
                    the Urban Dictionary.

                    ________________________

                    thank a military veteran

                  • RickyG
                    Message 9 of 13 , Apr 29, 2013
                      Sue Sarkis,

                      You did not check the American Heritage North Carolinian Redneck Dictionary!

                      Now I know that the word exists and is commonly used in certain southern states in the USA.

                      What most people here do not seem to understand is HOW the word must be spoken.

                      It must be used in the accent of of a southern, civil war Colonel; in example: "Why I say sir, let us evacuate these California idiots from our presence and continue on with our scrupulation of the Colorado PI Licensing idiots"!

                      Ricky B. Gurley.

                      RMRI, Inc.
                      http://www.rmriinc.com

                      > In a message dated 4/29/2013 12:24:46 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
                      > Roncaro@... writes:
                      >
                      > It helped me attain my goal of learning a new word every day. Thanks
                      >
                      > Ronald R. DeCaro
                      >
                      > What new word? According to the following dictionaries which I actually
                      > checked, the word does not exist. However, I realize that ..... oh, never
                      > mind !!
                      >
                      > American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language,
                      > Collins English Dictionary,
                      > Vocabulary.com,
                      > Macmillan Dictionary,
                      > Merriam-Webster's Online Dictionary, 11th Edition,
                      > the Wordnik,
                      > Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary,
                      > Wiktionary,
                      > Compact Oxford English Dictionary,
                      > Webster's New World College Dictionary, 4th Ed.,
                      > The Wordsmyth English Dictionary-Thesaurus,
                      > Infoplease Dictionary,
                      > the Dictionary.com,
                      > Online Etymology Dictionary,
                      > UltraLingua English Dictionary,
                      > Cambridge Dictionary of American English,
                      > Cambridge International Dictionary of Idioms,
                      > The Wikipedia, the Free Encyclopedia,
                      > Online Plain Text English Dictionary,
                      > Webster's Revised Unabridged, 1913 Edition,
                      > Rhymezone,
                      > CMU Pronouncing,
                      > AllWords.com Multi-Lingual Dictionary,
                      > R-O-Matic Italian/English Dictionary,
                      > Webster's 1828 Dictionary,
                      > Virdainas - a Sudovian Dictionary,
                      > Collins Pocket French Dictionary (English to French),
                      > Collins Pocket German Dictionary (English to German),
                      > Collins Pocket Italian Dictionary (English to Italian),
                      > Collins Pocket Spanish Dictionary (English to Spanish),
                      > Dict.cc Englisch/Deutsch Wörterbuch,
                      > Dictionary of Phrase and Fable (1898),
                      > the Free Dictionary,
                      > Mnemonic Dictionary,
                      > WordNet 1.7 Vocabulary Helper,
                      > LookWAYup Translating Dictionary/Thesaurus,
                      > the Dictionary/thesaurus,
                      > the Online Talking Dictionary,
                      > Eurodict Online,
                      > Wikimedia Commons US English Pronunciations,
                      > Lexical FreeNet (shows word connections),
                      > Mennonite Low German Dictionary,
                      > LITTLE EXPLORERS(TM) Picture Dictionary, and
                      > the Urban Dictionary.
                      >

                      > Sincerely yours,
                      > Sue
                      > ________________________
                      > Sue Sarkis
                      > Sarkis Detective Agency
                      >

                      > (est. 1976)
                      > PI 6564
                      > 1346 Ethel Street
                      > Glendale, CA 91207-1826
                      > 818-242-2505

                      > thank a military veteran

                    • MitchD
                      Message 10 of 13 , Apr 29, 2013
                        youve been marshalled AGAIN!!!

                        On 4/29/2013 9:13 PM, RickyG wrote:

> [...]
                        > > the Dictionary/thesaurus,
                        > > the Online Talking Dictionary,
                        > > Eurodict Online,
                        > > Wikimedia Commons US English Pronunciations,
                        > > Lexical FreeNet (shows word connections),
                        > > Mennonite Low German Dictionary,
                        > > LITTLE EXPLORERS(TM) Picture Dictionary, and
                        > > the Urban Dictionary.
                        > >

                        > > Sincerely yours,
                        > > Sue
                        > > ________________________
                        > > Sue Sarkis
                        > > Sarkis Detective Agency
                        > >

                        > > (est. 1976)
                        > > PI 6564
                        > > _www.sarkispi.com_ (http://www.sarkispi.com/)
                        > > 1346 Ethel Street
                        > > Glendale, CA 91207-1826
                        > > 818-242-2505
                        > >
                        > > "one Nation under God" and "in GOD we TRUST"
                        > >
                        > > If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read it in English,

                      • Ronald DeCaro

                          Message 12 of 13 , May 1, 2013
                            Now THAT! Is funny.........

                            Ricky B. Gurley.

                            --- In infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com, Ronald DeCaro <Roncaro@...> wrote:

                            > Well, I could not find it either but someone posted official sounding samples of its use and I took his word for it.
                            >

                            > Ronald R. DeCaro
                            > Private Investigator - CA License No. PI21993
                            > INTEGRATED INSURANCE INVESTIGATIONS
                            > PO Box 888 - Mira Loma - CA - 91752-0888
                            > Phone (951) 360-8880 Fax (951) 360-5957
                            > E-mail: Roncaro@...

                          • MitchD
                            Message 13 of 13 , May 1, 2013
                              im surprised scrupulation was taken this far,I do declare!