Urgent help need with TN Anti whistle blower bill awaiting signature

  • MitchD
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 22, 2013
      Dear fellow investigators,friends, and colleagues,
      My name is Mitch Davis,I am a marine corps veteran,veteran private
      and criminal investigator,former President of, and one of the
      contributing founders of TN Assn of Licensed Private Investigators.

      I have some bad news to bring to the table and I need your help and
      valuable opinion.I need your help to deter TN Gov Haslam from signing
      this legislation, SB1248/HB1191, into law.The law was motivated by those
      who really don't care about prosecuting entities abusing livestock,
      horses,cockfight/dogfight promoters and such,and have set this law up to
      act as an early warning system to help evade prosecution.This law will
      probably lead to more restrictions w regard to the use of video being
      used for investigative purposes at multiple levels.

      As many of us know,repetition is always needed to build a case in all
      directions.The lawmakers believe by simply turning your video over to
      law enforcement, all problems will be solved.....
      I worked a case in 2007 where a group of concerned citizens went to the
      county commission,DA,Sheriff,and police dept w complaints of a crimes
      being committed.No one listened,and they all denied the allegations
      until local TV stations aired video that displayed cruelty in video
      form. ( search Sumner co vet abuse on Google) This law wants to keep
      everyone from turning video over to the media,and to make it a crime to
      not turn video over to the police first.The law also wants to keep the
      media from airing video of these cruelty cases. I don't think I need to
      say anymore.....The law unbelievably passed the house and senate by a
      few votes...It awaits the governors signature.
      Let me remind you,if it wasn't for plentiful non restricted video,and a
      watchful citizen,the #2 suspect in the Boston marathon incident may
      still be at large....We do not need lawmakers coercing us on building
      investigative cases, in any way, shape, or form

      "The law benefits no one other than those who wrote it.If the law gets
      signed.I will start a new venture training citizens to by pass district
      attorneys,the police,and show them them how to go straight to the grand
      jury of their choice to get their own indictments" (anonymous)

      Please read the material I have attached, and take 5 minutes of your
      time to take the survey,and send a quick e mail off to Gov. Haslam to
      let him know you oppose this law.This isn't just about animal
      cruelty,its about lawmakers clearing a path to keep their friends out of
      trouble, that engage in violent harmful activity, that hurts
      professionals as well as animals that cant speak for themselves.

      To take the survey: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/7N2DTVS

      To email the governor: bill.haslam@... (a copy and paste letter is
      at the BOTTOM of this mssg.

      To call or write the governor
      1st Floor, State Capitol
      Nashville, TN 37243
      Primary(615) 741-2001

      * ·SB1248/HB1191 is deliberately designed to obstruct the detection
      and documentation of horse and livestock abuse, not to ensure these
      crimes are reported to the proper authorities.

      * ·The bill requires only those who document abuse turn it over in an
      impossibly short period of time. If this was about stopping animal
      cruelty, it would require anyone who witnesses the cruelty to turn
      over evidence.

      * ·The bill would have prevented the 2011 investigation into horse
      trainer Jackie McConnell's egregious cruelty to horses. As a result
      of the investigation, three people were indicted for 38 counts of
      criminal animal cruelty.

      * ·The ability for whistle blowers to establish a pattern of
      misconduct has played a vital role in exposing animal cruelty,
      abusive working conditions and food safety problems related to
      industrialized agriculture -- as far back as 1906 when Upton
      Sinclair published his seminal expose of the Chicago meat packing
      industry.

      * *"Quick reporting" measures like (**SB1248/HB1191**) are drafted for
      a single purpose: blowing the whistle on whistle blowers.
      (**SB1248/HB1191**) aims to quickly expose investigators, thereby
      preventing them from further documenting and exposing the full
      extent of the abuse*. http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/7N2DTVS

      Thanks for your help,I remain truly,

      Mitch Davis

      --
      Mitch Davis
      TSCM/Special Operations Group Inc.

      Technical Investigation Services
      Handheld Communication Forensics/GPS forensics
      Technical Surveillance Experts
      Expert Witness Services

      Dear Governor Haslam,

      We are requesting that you veto the Whistleblower /Ag law

[...]

      * Passing this legislation may give the appearance that your office
      promotes animal abuse because the abusers will now have a chance to
      do damage control.

      * Law has been written in the past to help prevent and punish animal
      abuse. This is clearly not one of them.

      * Animals should not be tortured in an effort to perform a certain
      function for entertainment value.This law allows torture inflicted
      upon animals capable of feeling pain and displaying emotion to go un
      punished.

      Respectfully requested,

      (Your name city state and address goes here)

      --
      Technical Investigation Services
      Handheld Communication Forensics/GPS forensics
      Technical Surveillance Experts
      Expert Witness Services

      This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic transmission in error, please delete it from your system without copying it and notify the sender by reply e-mail so that the email address record can be corrected. Thank you.