Deleted Messages

  • RickyG
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 21, 2013
      It seems that some of us have nothing better to do but post old news about the misfortunes of others that were in our industry at one time.

      I took the liberty of deleting four (4) posts from a member that had nothing productive to post, and only posted about a past member's misfortunes due to a grudge she has carried against this past member for over six (6) years. This lady has carried this grudge due to an argument that took place on this very forum over six (6) years ago. I deleted these posts because they are old news that serve no constructive purpose in rehashing on this group, and because the past member that they are about is no longer here to offer a defense, or to even offer his side of the story.

      I personally think it is "cheap", vindictive, shows a lack of class, and is not something that a true professional would do. A professional with some class, ethics, and that is not petty would have never wasted their time making these posts.

      I personally don't believe in banning people except in extreme circumstances, and this is not that serious or extreme. However, I am not going to approve such posts, and if I see them as long as I am moderating, I am going to delete them.

      I don't condone such petty revenge tactics.; not over an argument that two (2) people had over six (6) years ago.

      Good night, everyone.

      Ricky B. Gurley

      RMRI, Inc.
      http://www.rmriinc.com
    • snellingpi
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 21, 2013
        Ricky,

        I realize you are taking it personally but it is not the case. Those 2005 defamatory posts about me are showing up when one googles Donna Snelling. And I've asked Infoguys to remove them without response. Also, I don't believe a conviction for conspiracy to kidnap a person and the revocation of a private investigator license a trivial matter of revenge. That's where you and I choose to disagree. I've written to Infoguys again to promptly deal with this matter. Again. http://www.justice.gov/usao/cas/press/cas80407-Carman.pdf
      • RickyG
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 21, 2013
          Donna,

          I am not taking anything personally here. What is it that you think I am taking personally about a post you made about someone else other than me?

          What I am trying to do is be fair, and not allow this group to be used as a tool to "beat up" on someone that has already been "beat up" on quite enough. This past member that you are targeting here has been to prison, had his livelihood taken away, lost everything he has worked for, is having to live off of the generosity of others, has been humiliated in his community and his peer group; and personally speaking I think that is quite enough. I can't see any need to allow you to take "cheap shots" at him over an argument that you had with him on this group over six (6) years ago.

          Don't you have cases to work? Don't you have something in your life better than waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone that you had an argument with over six (6) years ago? I couldn't imagine being upset with someone for that long over some silly argument on a forum.

          I'd just let this one go, if I were you Donna. You wouldn't be doing yourself any favors with anyone here to persist on this topic. Just trying to offer some helpful advice.

          Ricky B. Gurley

          RMRI, Inc.
          http://www.rmriinc.com

          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 21, 2013
            Great. Then you can reinstate my responses. Thanks! Or, if you want, I will directly respond to them, as I did before. Honestly, my intent isn't to drag up your past or anyone else's who have passed the 10-year rule from conviction.

            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 21, 2013
              Donna,

              Just to give you fair warning, I am no longer going to let any of your posts about this subject stand. If you want to persist, I can put you on moderate status, where I have to approve your posts before they go through. I do hope you move onto more constructive or at least less vindictive conversation on this group than what I have seen here today. I do hope that you are not going through another one of those "spells" where life is miserable at home, so you choose to deal with those frustrations by targeting other people on the Internet and engaging people on he Internet in arguments. That kind of behavior never helps, and often times leaves a negative memoralization of ourselves on the Internet; as you have mentioned about yourself from the last time you did this..

              Remember, InfoGuys can't do much about what the Google Bot finds and archives on the Internet.... And why should InfoGuys expend an extraordinary amount of effort trying to get posts deleted from the Internet that a grown adult made a conscious decision to post? Were you of sound mind when you made your posts? Did you have the foresight to understand that your posts would be archived on this group for a long amount of time whenever you made your posts? If so, then why should anyone else make any effort at all to clean up what you freely posted six (6) years ago, but view as a mistake now? Your posts that you view as a mistake now, are in fact YOUR posts, aren't they? I'll tell you what, if you want those posts deleted from the Internet, then do what you tell people looking for a PI to do, find someone that specializes in getting content off of the Internet and pay them to clean up your mess.

              Talk about PI Boards, previous cases that you are ethically free to discuss, investigative techniques, PI Equipment, databases, even roses ans daffodils if you want, feel free to talk about almost anything you want, just have enough class not to "beat a dead dog" on this group.

              Trying to be fair here, Donna; let your conscious and good sense be your guide as to what you post next...