Re: [infoguys-list] PI Work-opinion

  • SPar412645@cs.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 20, 2000
      20 years or so ago, my car dropped an axle on surveillance for my employer.
      When I called him to tell him I had to be towed and couldn't complete the
      surveillance, I was 65 miles from home. he stated, " well, don't think I'm
      going to offer to rent a car for you!" The towing and repairs cost 450.00
      and I made 18.00 that morning for the time I did have in before the mishap.
      On a future case, he stated, " I want a portrait shot of this guy, the client
      was PROMISED." I crawled 75 yards through nettles, burdocks and a barb wire
      fence on my stomach to get what he needed. My sister spent nearly an hour
      getting burdocks out of my hair that night. I could go on for hours. I even
      wrote a book. But you know? I wanted to master the trade so badly I looked
      at all of this as experience. And that's exactly what it was. You have to
      start somewhere and work your way up. If you have a strong desire to be a
      good investigator you'll stick it out. It's not for everyone, but if you do
      stay with it, it gets better, trust me. Best regards, Sandra Parsons-
      Berkshire Investigations ( Celebrating 20 years) and no more burdocks!
    • Charlotte freemon
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 20, 2000
        I can really sympathize with this.......and I appreciate all of the
        business
        in a similar fashion..... I guess I do this out of a passion .....kinda like
        being an actor..

        > 20 years or so ago, my car dropped an axle on surveillance for my
        employer.
        > When I called him to tell him I had to be towed and couldn't complete the
        > surveillance, I was 65 miles from home. he stated, " well, don't think
        I'm
        > going to offer to rent a car for you!" The towing and repairs cost 450.00
        > and I made 18.00 that morning for the time I did have in before the
        mishap.
        > On a future case, he stated, " I want a portrait shot of this guy, the
        client
        > was PROMISED." I crawled 75 yards through nettles, burdocks and a barb
        wire
        > fence on my stomach to get what he needed. My sister spent nearly an hour
        > getting burdocks out of my hair that night. I could go on for hours. I
        even
        > wrote a book. But you know? I wanted to master the trade so badly I
        looked
        > at all of this as experience. And that's exactly what it was. You have
        > start somewhere and work your way up. If you have a strong desire to be a
        > good investigator you'll stick it out. It's not for everyone, but if you
        do
        > stay with it, it gets better, trust me. Best regards, Sandra Parsons-
        > Berkshire Investigations ( Celebrating 20 years) and no more burdocks!

      • Charlotte freemon
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 5, 2000
          Thank-you Sandy...........sorry I'm late in responding....trying to sift
          thru 900 emails

          Sincerely,

          Perry