CALI's buddy, Jackie Speier, promotes pedophilia

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 29, 2012
      A California congresswoman wants to federalize a state law to prohibit
      counseling to change a person’s sexual orientation, including that of
      pedophiles.
      Rep. Jackie Speier has introduced a resolution that calls on states to
      prohibit efforts to change a minor’s sexual orientation, even if the minor
      requests it, saying doing so is “dangerous and harmful.”

      The resolution is modeled after California’s SB 1172, which passed earlier
      this year. The bill, which has several lawsuits pending against its
      implementation, has been labeled by both opponents and supporters as “banning ‘
      gay’ conversion therapy.”
      However, the text of the legislation doesn’t specifically ban “gay”
      conversion therapy but, instead, prohibits attempts to change a person’s sexual
      orientation.
      “‘Sexual orientation change efforts’ means any practices by mental health
      providers that seek to change an individual’s sexual orientation. This
      includes efforts to change behaviors or gender expressions, or to eliminate or
      reduce sexual or romantic attractions or feelings toward individuals of the
      same sex,” the bill says.
      Speier’s resolution contains similar language saying, “It is the sense of
      Congress that sexual orientation and gender identity or expression change
      efforts directed at minors are … dangerous and harmful.”
      However, the term “sexual orientation” is not defined in either the
      California bill or Speier’s resolution.
      “This language is so broad and vague, it arguably could include all forms
      of sexual orientation including pedophilia,” said Brad Dacus, president of
      the Pacific Justice Institute. “It’s not just the orientation that is
      protected, the conduct associated with the orientation is protected as well.”
      The resolution and SB 1172 define sexual orientation change efforts as
      attempts to change the “behavior” associated with a person’s sexual
      orientation.
      Attorney Mat Staver, chairman of Liberty Counsel, which has filed a lawsuit
      against the California law, said under the bill’s language a mental health
      counselor could be sanctioned if there was an attempt to get a pedophile
      to change his behavior or speak negatively about the behavior.
      “If someone were to say their sexual orientation is toward young children
      and a licensed mental health practitioner were to counsel against those
      tendencies as opposed to affirming the behavior it is problematic and could
      result in an ethical code violation by the counselor,” Staver said. “This is
      an issue that is clearly lurking in this statute.”
      In 1973, the American Psychiatric Association declassified homosexuality
      from its list of mental disorders. A group of psychiatrists with B4U-Act
      recently held a symposium proposing a new definition of pedophilia in the
      Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Health Disorders of the APA.
      B4U-Act calls pedophiles “minor-attracted people. ” The organization’s
      website states its purpose is to “help mental health professionals learn more
      about attraction to minors and to consider the effects of stereotyping,
      stigma and fear.”
      In 1998, the APA issued a report claiming “that the ‘negative potential’
      of adult sex with children was ‘overstated’ and that ‘the vast majority of
      both men and women reported no negative sexual effects from childhood
      sexual abuse experiences.’”
      Pedophilia has already been granted protected status by the federal
      government in a way. The Matthew Shepard and James Byrd Jr. Hate Crimes
      Prevention Act lists “sexual orientation” as a protected class; however, it does
      not define the term.
      Republicans attempted to add an amendment specifying “pedophilia is not
      covered as an orientation.” However, the amendment was defeated by Democrats.
      Rep. Alcee Hastings, D-Fla., stated that all alternative sexual lifestyles
      should be protected under the law.
      “This bill addresses our resolve to end violence based on prejudice and to
      guarantee that all Americans, regardless of race, color, religion, national
      origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability or all
      of these ‘philias’ and fetishes and ‘isms’ that were put forward need not
      live in fear because of who they are. I urge my colleagues to vote in
      favor of this rule,” he said while Congress was considering the plan.
      The White House praised the bill saying, “At root, this isn’t just about
      our laws; this is about who we are as a people. This is about whether we
      value one another – whether we embrace our differences rather than allowing
      them to become a source of animus.”
      Earlier this year two psychologists in Canada declared that pedophilia is a
      sexual orientation just like homosexuality or heterosexuality.
      Hubert Van Gijseghem, a psychologist and retired professor at the
      University of Montreal, told members of Parliament, “Pedophiles are not simply
      people who commit a small offense from time to time but rather are grappling
      with what is equivalent to a sexual orientation just like another individual
      may be grappling with heterosexuality or even homosexuality.”
      He went on to say: “True pedophiles have an exclusive preference for
      children, which is the same as having a sexual orientation. You cannot change
      this person’s sexual orientation. He may, however, remain abstinent.”
      When asked if he should be comparing pedophiles to homosexuals, Van
      Gijseghem replied, “If, for instance, you were living in a society where
      heterosexuality is proscribed or prohibited and you were told that you had to get
      therapy to change your sexual orientation, you would probably say that that
      is slightly crazy. In other words, you would not accept that at all. I use
      this analogy to say that, yes indeed, pedophiles do not change their sexual
      orientation.”
      Vernon Lewis Quinsey, professor emeritus of psychology at Queen’s
      University in Kingston, Ontario, agreed with Van Gijseghem. Quinsey said pedophiles’
      sexual interests prefer children and, “There is no evidence that this sort
      of preference can be changed through treatment or through anything else.”
      In July 2010, Harvard Health Publications said:”Pedophilia is a sexual
      orientation and unlikely to change. Treatment aims to enable someone to resist
      acting on his sexual urges.”
      “The courts could very well find themselves constrained to apply it
      pedophilia conduct as well as homosexual conduct,” Staver said.
      He said the law could also be problematic as court-ordered counseling
      sessions are often a requirement for pedophiles placed on probation. The law
      would prevent court appointed counselors from criticizing a pedophile’s
      behavior.
      “All of that would be affected by this law,” Staver said.
      Staver believes the ultimate goal of supporters is to expand the definition
      of counselor to include non-licensed persons as well.
      “It’s just a matter of time before the state will expand the definition to
      include non-licensed counselors such as pastoral counseling. These radical
      legislators want people to force people to receive and counselors to
      provide only an affirmation of same-sex relationships and anything to the
      contrary they want to ban.”

    • MitchD
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 29, 2012
        wanna get really sick,read about the doctor who was the expert on
        parental alienation syndrome (PAS)
        google it not for the weak.......

        Mitch Davis
        TSCM/Special Operations Group Inc.
        20 Music Square West,Suite 208
        Nashville, TN. 37203 USA
        615.251.0441
        Fax 615.523.0300
        www.tscmusa.com

        Technical Investigation Services
        Handheld Communication Forensics/GPS forensics
        Technical Surveillance Experts
        Expert Witness Services

        Notice:This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.
        If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination
        or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic transmission in error, please delete it from your system without copying it and notify
        the sender by reply e-mail so that the email address record can be corrected. Thank you.

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 29, 2012
          PS the doc of question is richard gardener who is now dead.....
          if anyone deals with custody,dcs issues,and the like u probably need to
          learn about pas,it frequently comes up mysteriously during divorces and
          custody battles.