Re: [infoguys-list] Off TOPIC DEFENSE/Apology

  • joseph celestino
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 18 8:23 PM
      >From: "Thinks 2 Much (LindaP)" <critterlaw@...>
      >Subject: [infoguys-list] Off TOPIC DEFENSE/Apology
      >Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 21:32:11 -0500
      >
      >I have just received a rather tacky email from one
      >of the listmembers on one of these lists in regard
      >to the email I posted "Something to think about."
      >Before anyone else feels compelled to chew me out,
      >I APOLOGIZE for the intrusion.
      >The reason I sent that post was relevant in terms
      >of the demands and the potential toll our
      >profession can take on us, although it was not
      >relevant to the exact subject matter of the list.
      >LAW is one of the most demanding of all
      >professions and sometimes we neglect to take
      >and/or make the time to enjoy life. As a result,
      >our occupation has one of the highest rates of
      >alcoholism, drug abuse, depression and sometimes
      >even suicide. (see "Law vs. Life", "The Soul of
      >the Law,' "The Betrayed Profession" etc.).
      >
      >My motives were not malicious and I hope that no
      >one else will feel compelled to make an
      >unprofessionally offensive response for such a
      >minor infraction of "the Rules." I also have
      >contributed relevant resource information, and it
      >is not my "habit" to waste anyone's time with
      >"non-pertinent garbage."
      >
      >Again, I apologize for the intrusion.
      >LindaP

      Linda I would like to say you are one fine individual who deserves much more
      respect then most have to offer. No one deserves to critize another unless
      they are willing to add something about themselves. In most cases thats
      difficult yet we have critics.

      Thank you , Joseph L, Celestine
    • Thinks 2 Much (LindaP)
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 18 9:01 PM
        Thank you so much, Joseph, and thank you for the
        smile you inspired too by the kind things you
        said.
        Surprisingly (in a pleasant way) the person who
        made the critical post to me, extended a sincere
        apology very shortly afterwards. Giving credit
        its due, it takes a big person to admit errors in
        judgment, and I am grateful for it.
        Thanks again :~}

        Warmly,
        LindaP
      • dnorw75076@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 18 9:40 PM
          This is such a tough site sometimes. I see the best and worst of humans
          interacting but it's very honest and caring at the same time. Thank God that
          there is more on people's minds than the day to day crap! 10-4
        • J1Blue@aol.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 7, 2000
            I realize you sent this e-mail a few weeks ago, but I'm just now getting
            around to reading it. I thought you should know that I loved it. I was very
            touched and it did make me stop and think for a moment. Thank you so much
            for giving me one moment of your precious time. It is a moment that will
            last for much longer than just 60 seconds.