Asset Search

  • assoresearch@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 7, 2012
      We have a client who was advised by her attorney to get an asset search
      done. No action has been filed, but certainly, contemplating an action in near
      future. I am unsure if future litigation comply's with Fair Credit Act.
      Appreciate any guidance.

      Thank you
      Gil

      Gil Whitlock

      THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS ELECTRONIC TRANSMISSION ARE ATTORNEY
      CLIENT PRIVILEGED COMMUNICATION, INVESTIGATIVE WORK PRODUCT AND CONFIDENTIAL
      IN NATURE. ITS USE IS SOLELY FOR THAT OF THE ATTORNEY AND HIS/HER CLIENT.
      ANY OTHER USE IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED. IF YOU RECEIVED THIS COMMUNICATION IN
      ERROR PLEASE DESTROY AND ADVISE THE SENDER.

    • speak2pete@ymail.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 7, 2012
        Hi Gil,

        The only aspect of an asset search that requires a court order or similar process is a bank account search. This is because pre-texting has been outlawed. Non-bank account asset searches only need a legal reason. Consulting with an attorney and contemplating litigation would,in my opinion be sufficient reason.

        Asset searches that are not connected with credit approval or employment are not consumer reports and therefore not regulated by the FCRA. There may be records that are regulated by state and local privacy laws, but these generally will not show up in basic asset searches and must be addressed individually.

        If you need assistance with this please contact me.

        Pete Gentile
        732-361-4213
        pgentile@...
        www.enhancedbackgroundchecks.com
        Enhanced Background Checks, LLC
        Licensed Private Detective Agency, State of New Jersey #8826

        *Disclaimer:
        I am not an attorney, I don't play one on TV and I have not slept in a hotel that makes me feel like an attorney. :)