Re: [infoguys-list] Info, needed re, large quantity photo slide duplication

  • oracleintl@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 7, 2012
      I have a Nikon Super CoolScan 5000. It is a film scanner and I also have
      the Slide adapter. I haven't used it in years but I would recommend it.
      As I recall, it was very expensive.

      Bill

      In a message dated 10/6/2012 9:53:13 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
      Roncaro@... writes:

      Hi everyone:

      Please excuse any duplicate copies of this message you might receive. That
      only means that I have you in more than one list.

      I'm about to receive perhaps several hundred black and white and color
      slides of photos taken in the 50's and 60's. I need to store most, if not all
      of these slides in my computer for future use on a website I will be
      organizing for a non-profit entity. The slides currently are in Atlanta, GA.
      Could you please tell me the best and most economical way of capturing the
      photos in those slides for their future publication in the website?

      Your input will be most appreciated,

      Ronald R. DeCaro
      Private Investigator - CA License No. PI21993
      INTEGRATED INSURANCE INVESTIGATIONS
      PO Box 888 - Mira Loma - CA - 91752-0888
      Phone (951) 360-8880 Fax (951) 360-5957
      E-mail: _Roncaro@..._ (mailto:Roncaro@...)

      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 7, 2012
        Bill -

        Yep, you are right, it is very expensive. Therefore, I believe it belies
        Ron's request for something economical. Amazon has it listed as -

        Nikon Super CoolScan 5000 ED Film Scanner
        by Nikon
        3.9 out of 5 stars See all reviews (49 customer reviews) | Like
        1349629753 false -1 10 10 9 (10)
        ----

        5 new from $5,149.99
        2 used from $2,399.99
        1 refurbished from $3,699.00

        (mailto:_Roncaro@..._ (mailto:Roncaro@...) )

      • oracleintl@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 7, 2012
          Wow! I haven't used this in several years, although I intend to go thru
          all my old family film and slides one day. I remembered that it was
          expensive, but I had no idea how much.

          Thanks,

          Bill

          __Roncaro@..._ (mailto:_Roncaro@...) _ (mailto:_Roncaro@..._