Re: [Sleuthsforum] Info, needed re, large quantity photo slide duplication

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 6, 2012
      Ron -

      there are quite a few ways you can go and it also depends upon what you
      consider "most economical" since that does not always equate to "best".

      The actual best way to go hands down is with ScanSafe - _www.scansafe.com_
      (http://www.scansafe.com)
      If any of the slides are defective, cracked, faded, etc. they fix them.
      They charge 22¢ per scan and CNN touts them as the best.

      On the other hand. you can buy a converter for under $100 and convert them
      yourself. Here are a couple of samples -

      Film and Slide Digital Converter VuPoint $79.00
      _http://www.porterelectronics.com/servlet/the-855/Film-and-Slide-Digital/Det
      ail_
      (http://www.porterelectronics.com/servlet/the-855/Film-and-Slide-Digital/Detail)

      Wolverine F2D14 14 MP 35mm Slides and Negatives to Digital Image Converter
      $94.97 and ships for free
      _http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005P99KT8/?tag=hyprod-20&hvadid=19399867776&hvpos
      =1o1&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=1277792453551033931&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&ref=
      asc_df_B005P99KT8_
      (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005P99KT8/?tag=hyprod-20&hvadid=19399867776&hvpos=1o1&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=1277792453551033931&hvpone=&
      hvptwo=&hvqmt=&ref=asc_df_B005P99KT8)

      Good luck and have fun !!!

      Sue

      In a message dated 10/6/2012 6:53:13 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
      Roncaro@... writes:

      Hi everyone:

      Please excuse any duplicate copies of this message you might receive. That
      only means that I have you in more than one list.

      I'm about to receive perhaps several hundred black and white and color
      slides of photos taken in the 50's and 60's. I need to store most, if not all
      of these slides in my computer for future use on a website I will be
      organizing for a non-profit entity. The slides currently are in Atlanta, GA.
      Could you please tell me the best and most economical way of capturing the
      photos in those slides for their future publication in the website?

      Your input will be most appreciated,

      Ronald R. DeCaro
      Private Investigator - CA License No. PI21993
      INTEGRATED INSURANCE INVESTIGATIONS
      PO Box 888 - Mira Loma - CA - 91752-0888
      Phone (951) 360-8880 Fax (951) 360-5957
      E-mail: Roncaro@...

    • Ronald DeCaro