Info, needed re, large quantity photo slide duplication

  • Ronald DeCaro
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 6, 2012
      Hi everyone:

      Please excuse any duplicate copies of this message you might receive. That only means that I have you in more than one list.

      I'm about to receive perhaps several hundred black and white and color slides of photos taken in the 50's and 60's. I need to store most, if not all of these slides in my computer for future use on a website I will be organizing for a non-profit entity. The slides currently are in Atlanta, GA. Could you please tell me the best and most economical way of capturing the photos in those slides for their future publication in the website?

      Your input will be most appreciated,

      Ronald R. DeCaro
      Private Investigator - CA License No. PI21993
      INTEGRATED INSURANCE INVESTIGATIONS
      PO Box 888 - Mira Loma - CA - 91752-0888
      Phone (951) 360-8880 Fax (951) 360-5957
      E-mail: Roncaro@...

    • oracleintl@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 7, 2012
        I have a Nikon Super CoolScan 5000. It is a film scanner and I also have
        the Slide adapter. I haven't used it in years but I would recommend it.
        As I recall, it was very expensive.

        Bill

        E-mail: _Roncaro@..._ (mailto:Roncaro@...)

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 7, 2012
          Bill -

          Yep, you are right, it is very expensive. Therefore, I believe it belies
          Ron's request for something economical. Amazon has it listed as -

          Nikon Super CoolScan 5000 ED Film Scanner
          by Nikon
          3.9 out of 5 stars See all reviews (49 customer reviews) | Like
          1349629753 false -1 10 10 9 (10)
          ----

          5 new from $5,149.99
          2 used from $2,399.99
          1 refurbished from $3,699.00

          (mailto:_Roncaro@..._ (mailto:Roncaro@...) )

        • oracleintl@aol.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 7, 2012
            Wow! I haven't used this in several years, although I intend to go thru
            all my old family film and slides one day. I remembered that it was
            expensive, but I had no idea how much.

            Thanks,

            Bill

            __Roncaro@..._ (mailto:_Roncaro@...) _ (mailto:_Roncaro@..._