Re: [infoguys-list] Re: ISPLA News: Bad PI Press

  • webmail007
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 3, 2012
      More important than anything else, I learned a new word today.

      Steven.

      Steven Rambam.
      Pallorium, Inc.
      www.pallorium.com

      direct email: rambam@...
      USA Tel. 212-969-0286

      -- This message has been sent from my mobile device; please excuse the brevity and any typos.

      PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS, ESPECIALLY IF YOUR MESSAGE IS URGENT OR CONFIDENTIAL. Please respond to: rambam@....

      On Oct 4, 2012, at 0:40, suesarkis@... wrote:

      > obliquitous
    • RickyG
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 3, 2012
        Sue,

        I understand the argument as far as testimony goes, but personally speaking I have ever had a problem with fielding such inquiries on the stand.... You can tell when a Jury is listening to you, if they believe you, if they hold your past indiscretions against you; if you watch them as carefully as they are watching you. I have never gotten the notion that my felony conviction was that much of an obstacle to overcome on the stand... It is what it is.... And I have been GRILLED by Prosecutors over my felony conviction. It just simply did not seem like that significant of an issue to anyone, and you can bet that if I missed something the attorney I was working for was watching the Jury and none of those attorneys missed anything.....

        I don't know if any of these people have felonies. But notice that I did quite a bit of prefacing prior to bring up the gist of my post... I do think it is a fair assumption that there are a very few convicted felons in this business, or at least a fairly small percentage. I suspect... Just a suspicion.... But I suspect that you will find that maybe one out of the list Peter gave us has a felony conviction in their past. I also suspect, that prior to Anthony Pelicano's conviction he had no felonies in his background... But you may know this better than I do.... One must keep in mind that even if my suspicions are correct, the incidents we have seen are only an extremely low percentage of total incidents in our business.

        I did speak with a Professor in the Sociology Department of Columbia College today. He seemed VERY interested in trying to get a research project started on this very issue, after I bought it to his attention.

        Maybe in the not too distant future we will have some research to fall back on, in regards to this topic Sue..........

        Ricky B. Gurley

        RMRI, Inc.
        http://www.rmriinc.com