We lost another border patrol agent today

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 2012
      Fast & Furious
      Border Patrol agent killed; another agent wounded

      By: _John Hayward_ (http://www.humanevents.com/author/john-hayward/)
      10/2/2012 09:11 AM
      Update: Statement from House Oversight Committee Chairman Darrell Issa: “
      This shooting is a tragic reminder of the dangers the brave men and women
      who guard our borders face every day. Just last month, I attended a ceremony
      with agents based at the Bisbee station, naming it in honor of their
      fallen colleague, Brian Terry. My prayers are with the family of the agent who
      lost his life today and his wounded colleague. Authorities must
      investigate the full circumstances of this shooting. I urge everyone to think of
      the families of these agents and avoid drawing conclusions before relevant
      facts are known.”

      Statement from Senator Charles Grassley (R-IA), Issa’s Senate partner in
      the Fast and Furious investigation: “Border Patrol agents put their lives on
      the line every day to stop the border crossers and drug cartel members who
      venture illegally into the United States. There’s no way to know at this
      point how the agent was killed, but because of Operation Fast and Furious, we
      ’ll wonder for years if the guns used in any killing along the border were
      part of an ill-advised gunwalking strategy sanctioned by the federal
      government. It’s a sad commentary. We all mourn for the Border Patrol agent
      who was killed near the border station named after another fallen hero and
      fellow agent, Brian Terry.”
      Update: Statement from U.S. Customs and Border Protection: “Border Patrol
      agents on patrol in Naco, Ariz., were involved in a shooting Tuesday at
      1:50 a.m. MST. One agent died from his injuries and another, who sustained
      non-life threatening wounds, was airlifted to a hospital. The name of the
      agent who died is being withheld pending notification of next of kin.”
      Awful word of more violence on the border from _Fox News_
      (http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/10/02/2-us-border-agents-shot-1-killed-near-major-drug-coorid
      or-in-arizona/#ixzz28918ysu6) this morning:
      Two U.S. Border Patrol agents were shot, one fatally, Tuesday morning in an
      area in south Arizona known as a major drug-smuggling corridor,
      authorities said.
      The identities of the agents were not immediately released, but the
      shooting occurred at the Brian Terry Station near Naco, Ariz., which is just
      south of Tucson. The station was named after an agent who was killed in the
      line of duty in December 2010. The area is considered a remote part of the
      state and sources tell Fox News that the shooting occurred about 8 miles from
      the border.
      The injured agent was airlifted to a hospital with nonlife-threatening inju
      ries.
      The Border Patrol station in question was named after slain Agent Brian
      Terry, whose murder brought the Obama Administration’s deadly Operation Fast
      and Furious to a screeching halt, because weapons deliberately ”walked”
      across the border by ATF agents were recovered from the scene. At the present
      time, there is no indication that the weapons used in this new attack came
      from Operation Fast and Furious.
      Terry wasn’t the only U.S. law enforcement agent killed by weapons Eric
      Holder’s Justice Department lost track of. The big Univision report on Fast
      and Furious confirmed something that serious students of the scandal (i.e.
      not mainstream media reporters) have long suspected: Immigrations and
      Customs Enforcement agent Jaime Zapata was killed with a “walked” gun in
      February 2011. The Zapata murder weapon was “not from Arizona and Fast and
      Furious,” but came from “a very similar operation,” according to court testimony
      from Zapata’s sister.
      The leading congressional investigators of Fast and Furious, Senator
      Charles Grassley (R-Iowa) and Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.), have asked the
      Inspector General of the Justice Department to _investigate Zapata’s murder_
      (http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-57520212-503544/request-to-justice-depar
      tment-ig-investigate-ice-agent-zapata-murder/) .