Re: [infoguys-list] Digest Number 3632

  • S.R.
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 14, 2012
      On Sep 12, 2012, at 4:53 AM, infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com wrote:

      > Personally, I believe that less "lip service" and more research
      > could have prevent all of this.. Or rather, more research before any
      > "lip service". I don't think it is all that difficult to confirm
      > whether or not a person is a licensed Private Investigator in the
      > state's that require a license.

      Ya know, I should probably let this die - everyone involved knows how
      very little I think of the opinions of certain folks on this list and
      how relieved I am when I find myself to be on the opposite side from
      them re any disagreement - but here's the facts:

      1. In Texas, "registered" does not mean license holder. A "license
      holder" is the owner/manager, not an employee. In Texas you can send
      your prints and app etc in to the State and if approved be
      "registered" to work as a PI, a security guard, etc, but NOT to
      independently operate an agency, hire other employees etc. (Florida
      and other states have similar license distinctions.) Use your BACK
      button folks and look at my post...I had asked if the # posted was his
      pocket card reg # (issued to an EMPLOYEE who must work under a
      "license holder"). He had been asked for clarification multiple times
      and seemed to not be answering. And, I was right...see #3 below.

      2. Yes, I know how to look up Texas license holders - I've been
      licensed in TX for 25+ years and even posted the lookup links - but,
      again, a six digit # is NOT a PI license # in Texas so I didn't bother.

      3. FYI, the guy in question actually called me - I called him back
      not knowing who it was - and he first confirmed that he in fact did
      not have his own license in Texas...and then he told me that he had
      called to let me know that I had a "mangina". When I asked him what
      that was he said "...you're an Investigator, Google it...". Well, I
      did, and was astounded that this is the current state of any part of
      our industry. But, ya know what, he may be the perfect colleague for
      at least a few folks on this list.

      I had posted my comments not to support Sue Sarkis, or because I give
      a flying fish about the guy who posted looking for work, but because
      it was the sort of thing that - in theory - these groups exist for:
      exchange of info, assistance to colleagues etc. If some of you - and
      you know who you are - take every posting as an opportunity to troll,
      or to behave like an idiot or to needlessly spread absolutely
      gratuitous nastiness, then you will be left with a tiny group of idiot
      acolytes who won't straighten things out no matter how wrong you are.
      Though, on the positive side, it lets everyone know who to hire, who's
      an uncontrollable ass and who it would be a nightmare to share a file
      with.

      So, Happy Trolling and let the pointless insults flow. I'm taking my
      mangina and heading home.

      And, BTW, Shana Tova (Happy New Year) this coming Monday to my Jewish
      colleagues. Even the trolls.

      Steven.

    • RickyG
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 14, 2012
        Mr. Rambam,

        And I address you with civility, because I don't like you.... Just to be honest.... I think it has something to do with your arrogance and false bravado... I have found that the more I don't like someone, the more I should try to be civil with them... It's the "new me"....

        Here is what I saw... The issue was not about the TYPE of license this man had, the issue was about whether or not he was licensed at all. More specifically, could he legally offer Private Investigation Services? Now whether you want to "nitpick" about his license, registration, type of license, or whatever; the fact remains that your post played into a false notion that this man was advertising services that he could not legally offer; and that simply was not the case.

        The fact is that you did what can only be viewed as a cursory examination to try to determine whether or not this man could legally offer Private Investigation Services on this forum. I can only look at what you did as a cursory examination, since another person here took the time to actually READ the Texas Database on Licensed Private Investigators and proved that this man is in fact able to legally offer Private Investigation Services.

        Once you did your cursory examination, you came back here with "theory and conjecture" as to imply that this man is not licensed to offer Private Investigation Services. Thereby further perpetuating an atmosphere on this board that could only make this man feel uncomfortable with being here. And if he was not licensed, as much as I would have hated to agree with you; I would have. But the fact is, all this turned out to be was what seems to be a pretty tolerant and decent man that CAN legally offer Private Investigation Services, looking for work; that had to take a "ration of crap" for nothing that he did wrong.

        Ya know, I am a pretty liberal moderator here.. I believe in letting everyone have their say, and having it any way they want. It may surprise you to know that I approve some of your posts Steve. And I'd NEVER in a million years pull the "chicken shit card" of banning someone that I don't like from a group that I moderate. But I can damned sure have my say when they WRONGLY make a person feel unwelcomed here. So, I called you out on what you posted because of the negative effect it had on a member of this group. The fact that I don't like you may have had a "itsy bitsy, little bit" to do with it too. But regardless of whether I like you or not, your post was inaccurate to the context of the topic that was being discussed. Your post was discomforting to someone that did not deserve to be made to feel uncomfortable here. And it was all due to you wanting to show this group how knowledgeable you are about a given topic, because you seem to need some recognition for being a "Super P.I."; when in reality you are average at best.

        Take care, Steve.

        Enjoy your holidays.

        Ricky B. Gurley.

        RMRI, Inc.
        (573) 529-4476

      • Slipinn@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 15, 2012
          Well said, and to the point Rick. You call a spade a spade and I respect
          that.
          Thanks for the good job you do for us on this list.

          Chuck Chambers
          _WWW.CHAMBERSAGENCY.COM_ (http://www.chambersagency.com/)

          Chuck Chambers Private Investigations
          606 49th st w