Re: [infoguys-list] Digest Number 3630 - Pallorium

  • oracleintl@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 11, 2012
      I find it interesting Steven that you would contradict my prior post
      addressing, and dispositively answering this issue, especially considering the
      specificity I provided. Perhaps you didn't see it.

      You provide the exact same site for search that I used:

      _https://www.txdps.state.tx.us/rsd/psb/individual/individual_search.aspx_
      (https://www.txdps.state.tx.us/rsd/psb/individual/individual_search.aspx)

      yet you say that TX PI's are licensed, not registered, which you
      specifically point out is NOT a 6 digit number, notwithstanding the fact that the
      site specifically asks for a "Registration Number" that the site specifically
      says MUST be, "6 digits," telling you to add a leading zero if the number
      you try to use is an older, 5 digit number.

      When you enter the 6 digit registration number that he provided, 642306,
      along with the name he provided, Last Name Thomas, First Name Kevin, his
      information pops right up.

      Furthermore, when it pops up it says "Registration Type," NOT License Type
      and it lists one of his three "Registration Types" as "Private
      Investigator."

      If this post has blank spaces, it is because I embedded the images I
      described. I do not think this list is configured to allow that, but anyone
      having any remaining issues is encouraged to go look for themselves, and I
      think we can all EXPECT that of anyone who feels moved to proffer an opinion.

      Now ENOUGH is ENOUGH. The guy is a Private Investigator according to the
      Texas Department of Public Safety, and he seems to be a remarkably patient
      guy ... considering that he still has to see people saying he is not
      "licensed" even after I publicly verified that he was and posted all the relevant
      details.

      I also covered the "Agency" issue, and even went so far as to document that
      the Agency for whom he is employed is insured with the rather expensive
      canine and bodyguard endorsements that most of us do not have.

      Personally, if I was in his shoes and subjected to this nonsense under
      those circumstances, I'd be getting a little irregular. I'd probably even
      resort to colorful language.

      Bill E. Branscum, Investigator
      Oracle International
      Naples, FL 34101
      (239) 304-1639 V
      (239) 641-6782 C

      In a message dated 9/11/2012 11:19:48 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
      newsgroups@... writes:

      Kevin:

      As much as I dislike my inbox being flooded with this dispute, Sue
      Sarkis appears to be correct.

      FYI, group, PIs in Texas are not "registered, they are licensed.
      Licenses are NOT in the format of a 6-digit number, they are an "A" or
      a "C" followed by a 5-digit number...the old guys (i.e. me) have a
      letter, a zero and a 4-digit number.

      Are you perhaps the holder of an employee pocket card? If yes, to work
      as a PI in Texas you must work under someone's license and you can not
      independently perform investigations. Are you soliciting work on the
      behalf of an agency?

      FYI, everyone, act like Investigators...all Texas licenses are online
      and can easily be verified.

      Persons' status can be checked at:

      _https://www.txdps.state.tx.us/rsd/psb/individual/_
      (https://www.txdps.state.tx.us/rsd/psb/individual/)
      individual_search.aspx .

      Companies, ex. Pallorium, are at:

      _http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/rsd/psb/company/company_search.aspx_
      (http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/rsd/psb/company/company_search.aspx) .

      On Sep 11, 2012, at 4:55 AM, _infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com_
      (mailto:infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com) wrote:

      > Ms Sue,
      >
      > I trying to understand, why you would say that.
      > I am a license Private Investigator and Reg Number is 642306
      > So you know I never make a promise, I just do the job
      >
      > Kevin

      Steven.

      (Steven Rambam, CFE, CPP, PSP, PCI, Director.)
      (for: Pallorium, Inc.)

      direct email: _rambam@..._ (mailto:rambam@...)

      THIS EMAIL ADDRESS IS FOR NEWSGROUP ACTIVITY ONLY.
      PRIVATE MESSAGES SENT TO THIS ADDRESS ARE AUTOMATICALLY DISCARDED BY
      THE MAILSERVER.

      Pallorium, Inc.
      P.O. Box 155 - Midwood Station
      Brooklyn, New York 11230 USA
      (001) 212-969-0286

      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 11, 2012
        Bill and all -

        Steven did not contradict your post as he was unaware of your revelation.
        His post arrived at 4:50 A.M. [PT] and yours at 7:17 A.M. [PT]. However,
        his was not passed through until 8:19 A.M. [PT].

        Sue

        _www.FraudsAndScams.com_ (_http://www.FraudsAndScams.com_

        (mailto:_rambam@..._ (mailto:rambam@...) )

        THIS EMAIL ADDRESS IS FOR NEWSGROUP ACTIVITY ONLY.
        PRIVATE MESSAGES SENT TO THIS ADDRESS ARE AUTOMATICALLY DISCARDED BY
        THE MAILSERVER.

        Pallorium, Inc.
        P.O. Box 155 - Midwood Station
        Brooklyn, New York 11230 USA
        (001) 212-969-0286

      • RickyG
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 11, 2012
          Ya know, due to the timing of the post, it appears that Steve Rambam did not contradict Bill Branscum...

          However, he damned sure seemed to believe that he knew more than he really did... I mean, while there was no contradiction, there was a clear post from Steve Rambam that simply was not accurate; as proved by Bill Branscum.

          Personally, I believe that less "lip service" and more research could have prevent all of this.. Or rather, more research before any "lip service". I don't think it is all that difficult to confirm whether or not a person is a licensed Private Investigator in the state's that require a license.

          Why couldn't someone just look Kevin Thomas's license up in Texas, like Bill Branscum did before they challenged his license status? Bill's post to Kevin Thomas was not to challenge his license status, it was to explain to Kevin Thomas why it is important not to solicit Private Investigation work on these groups if you have not met the licensing requirements of the state that you are soliciting work from. Bill Branscum did not have to question or challenge Kevin Thomas's licensing status; he had the foresight to look up Kevin Thomas's licensing status before he posted anything either way in regards to whether or not Kevin Thomas was practicing without a license. Seems to me that most everyone else just posted their own speculations as to whether or not Kevin Thomas was licensed.....

          Critical Thinking, and Deduction is one thing, Speculation is something entirely different....

          Just my $.02 worth...

          Ricky B. Gurley.

          Agency License Number: 2011001124

          Director of Operations: Ricky Gurley
          Private Investigator License Number: 2011001072

          Direct Office Number: (573) 234-6876
          Office Phone: (573) 234-4647 Ext. 110
          Cell Phone: (573) 529-4476
          Company Toll Free Phone: (877) 571-7486
          Personal Toll Free Phone: (888) 571-0958
          Toll Free Fax: (877) 795-9800
          EMERGENCY LINE: (573) 234-4871

          RMRI, Inc. Website
          (1) http://www.rmriinc.com

          RMRI, Inc. Blog
          (1) http://rmriincblog.com/

          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 11, 2012
            Rick -

            I disagree in part and agree in part.

            I did attempt to look up his license prior to saying anything. However, I
            did not dig deep enough and was at the page where you need the company
            name or the license number. I then asked him for either. Had he answered my
            question there would not have been a problem. However, he did not.

            I then went and researched and found his online resume. Not one word was
            ever mentioned in the resume about investigations or investigating. His
            experience seemed to be as a collections agent. I also found that he was a
            registered process server according to the court's website.

            However, there are quite a few states with licensing where you cannot
            verify a license online. Although some of these might have modernized in the
            past 6 months or so, the last time I checked some of the states from memory
            are:

            AR, NY (can/could search by business name only), ME, NJ, PA, OK, WA, UT,
            SC, NH, IA, and IL.

            But "mea culpa" as previously stated, I messed up on the TX search.

            Sue

            In a message dated 9/11/2012 6:39:51 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
            rmriinc@... writes:

[...]

            (1) _http://www.rmriinc.com_ (http://www.rmriinc.com/)

            RMRI, Inc. Blog
            (1) _http://rmriincblog.com/_ (http://rmriincblog.com/)

            --- In _infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com_
            (mailto:infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com) , suesarkis@... wrote:

            > Bill and all -
            >
            > Steven did not contradict your post as he was unaware of your
            revelation.
            > His post arrived at 4:50 A.M. [PT] and yours at 7:17 A.M. [PT]. However,

            > his was not passed through until 8:19 A.M. [PT].
            >
            > Sue
            >

            > In a message dated 9/11/2012 10:25:29 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
            > oracleintl@... writes:
            >

            > I find it interesting Steven that you would contradict my prior post
            > addressing, and dispositively answering this issue, especially
            considering
            > the
            > specificity I provided. Perhaps you didn't see it.
            >
            > You provide the exact same site for search that I used:

            ___https://www.txdps.state.tx.us/rsd/psb/individual/individual_search.aspx___
            (https://www.txdps.state.tx.us/rsd/psb/individual/individual_search.aspx__)

            (_https://www.txdps.state.tx.us/rsd/psb/individual/individual_search.aspx__
            (https://www.txdps.state.tx.us/rsd/psb/individual/individual_search.aspx_) )

            (__https://www.txdps.state.tx.us/rsd/psb/individual/individual_search.aspx__
            (https://www.txdps.state.tx.us/rsd/psb/individual/individual_search.aspx_)

            (_https://www.txdps.state.tx.us/rsd/psb/individual/individual_search.aspx_ (https://www.txdps.state.tx.us/rsd/psb/individual/individual_search.aspx)
            ) )

> [...]

            > Steven.
            >
            > (Steven Rambam, CFE, CPP, PSP, PCI, Director.)
            > (for: Pallorium, Inc.)
            >
            > direct email: __rambam@..._ (mailto:_rambam@...) _
            > (mailto:_rambam@..._ (mailto:rambam@...) )
            >
            > THIS EMAIL ADDRESS IS FOR NEWSGROUP ACTIVITY ONLY.
            > PRIVATE MESSAGES SENT TO THIS ADDRESS ARE AUTOMATICALLY DISCARDED BY
            > THE MAILSERVER.
            >
            > Pallorium, Inc.
            > P.O. Box 155 - Midwood Station
            > Brooklyn, New York 11230 USA
            > (001) 212-969-0286
            > ____________
            >
            > WEB: ___http://www.pallorium.com___ (http://www.pallorium.com__/)
            (_http://www.pallorium.com_/_ (http://www.pallorium.com_/) )
            > (__http://www.pallorium.com/__ (http://www.pallorium.com/_)
            (_http://www.pallorium.com/_ (http://www.pallorium.com/) ) )

            > P Please consider the environment before printing this email.

          • kevin thomas
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 11, 2012
              PLEASE STOP PLEASEEEEEE

              ALL I WANTED TO DO IS WORK AND DO A GOOD JOB

              THIS IS NOT RIGHT

              ________________________________

              mailto:rmriinc%40yahoo.com writes:

[...]

              --- In mailto:_infoguys-list%40yahoogroups.com_

              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 11, 2012
                So what are you saying? Bill is a better Investigator than you are? Alzheimers impairing your investigative abilities? LOL. I am just razzing ya, Sue.

                My post really wasn't about you, you DID have the decency to ask questions instead of just making inaccurate statements.

                I spoke with Kevin (he called me), he seems like a nice enough fellow. I told him you were actually a really nice lady, but you were very tough on unlicensed activity; it was kinda like your "pet peeve". I also told him that you are not a "mean" or "stand offish" person, you are just direct and to the point. I know if the conversation would have been reversed, you would not have felt offended. You are just probably misunderstood... LOL.

                Ya gotta admit though, Kevin has kept his cool, been polite, and patient with all of this, to his credit.

                Ricky B. Gurley.

                RMRI, Inc.
                (573) 529-4476