Just what the hell is he smoking?

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 31, 2012
      I find it not only insufferable and unconscionable but also irresponsible
      for the government to demand that manufacturers produce something by a
      deadline when it is not known if it is even scientifically possible to produce
      same. How many more lives have to be lost? How can our CEO mandate that
      all vehicles almost double their fuel efficiency in a mere 13 years? What
      life threatening measures will need to be taken to guarantee in excess of
      55 mpg?

      Obama Has Finally Found A Way To Combine Death And Taxes
      (http://smna.shufflingmadness.com/track?type=click&enid=ZWFzPTEmbWFp
      bGluZ2lkPTcyMDEmbWVzc2FnZWlkPTYyMDAmZGF0YWJhc2VpZD0xMTAxJnNlcmlhbD0xNjc3Nzg0OSZlbWF
      pbGlkPXN1ZXNhcmtpc0Bhb2wuY29tJnVzZXJpZD1zdWVzYXJraXNAYW9sLmNvbSZ0YXJnZXRpZD0
      mZmw9JmV4dHJhPU11bHRpdmFyaWF0ZUlkPSYmJg==&&&2002&&&http://www.facebook.com/s
      harer.php?u=http://smna.shufflingmadness.com:80/track?type=click&enid=ZWFzPT
      EmbWFpbGluZ2lkPTcyMDEmbWVzc2FnZWlkPTYyMDAmZGF0YWJhc2VpZD0xMTAxJnNlcmlhbD0xNj
      c3Nzg0OSZlbWFpbGlkPXN1ZXNhcmtpc0Bhb2wuY29tJnVzZXJpZD1zdWVzYXJraXNAYW9sLmNvbS
      Z0YXJnZXRpZD0mZmw9JmV4dHJhPU11bHRpdmFyaWF0ZUlkPSYmJg==&&&2006&&&https://www.
      advocacytoaction.com/ngr/campaign.aspx?pid=396)
      0ZUlkPSYmJg==&&&2003&&&http://twitter.com/intent/tweet?original_referer=&tex
      t=&url=http://smna.shufflingmadness.com:80/track?type=click&enid=ZWFzPTEmbWF
      pbGluZ2lkPTcyMDEmbWVzc2FnZWlkPTYyMDAmZGF0YWJhc2VpZD0xMTAxJnNlcmlhbD0xNjc3Nzg
      0OSZlbWFpbGlkPXN1ZXNhcmtpc0Bhb2wuY29tJnVzZXJpZD1zdWVzYXJraXNAYW9sLmNvbSZ0YXJ
      nZXRpZD0mZmw9JmV4dHJhPU11bHRpdmFyaWF0ZUlkPSYmJg==&&&2006&&&https://www.advoc
      acytoaction.com/ngr/campaign.aspx?pid=396)
      Obama is a genius. This time, he’s figured out how to make you less safe,
      raise your expenses, limit your choices and satisfy his environmental
      friends all at once…by turning his attention to what kind of car you drive!
      Maybe you drive a larger vehicle because you need the extra room; perhaps
      it makes you feel safer on the road, or maybe you just like the features it
      offers. We don’t really care; and our point is, neither should the
      government.
      But Obama has now quietly signed into law a new environmental regulation
      that will add at least $2,000 to the cost of each vehicle you purchase, and
      will force auto manufacturers to make cars smaller and less safe on our
      roadways.
      On Tuesday, while you were going about your business and paying attention
      to Hurricane Isaac and the Republican National Convention, Obama enacted
      his new “car tax,” which he describes as “historic.”
      It’s historic, all right. The government is now in charge of what we
      drive.
      What Obama has done is tinker with Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE)
      standards, a plan that will cost up to $157 billion in the push to double
      the fuel efficiency of cars by 2025.
      What it is, in fact, is a giant regulatory burden and “green” initiative
      that will interfere with our free market, punish businesses and limit
      consumer choice.
      House Oversight and Government Reform Committee Chairman Darrell Issa
      (R-CA) put a statement on his panel’s website, “The rule finalized today by
      the Obama Administration will hurt American consumers by forcing them to
      drive more expensive and less safe automobiles. The Administration drafted
      these standards in secret, strong-arming automakers and short-circuiting the
      deliberative regulatory process to achieve a purely political result,
      abandoning sound science and objectivity to appease its political allies in the
      extreme environmentalist lobby.”
      The current CAFE standard is 30.2mpg; Obama’s new rule will require
      automakers to reach 55.4mpg. He says it will save consumers money. Whenever the
      government claims it has done a calculation that will save you money, hide
      your wallet.
      But worse yet, studies over the past decade have shown that these new fuel
      efficiency standards are expensive and deadly.
      The liberal party of death must figure if going green means losing a few
      lives so be it. Consider the evidence against previous CAFE standards, not
      taking into account the new, more punitive and aggressive ones Obama just
      jammed through:
      * Sam Kazman at the Competitive Enterprise Institute: “The National
      Academy of Sciences…issued a report last August finding that CAFE
      contributes to between 1,300 and 2,600 traffic deaths per year.”
      * USA Today: “size and weight reductions of passenger vehicles
      undertaken to meet current CAFE standards had resulted in more than 46,000
      deaths.”
      * H. Sterling Burnett of the National Center for Policy Analysis: “
      322 additional deaths per year occur as a direct result of reducing just 100
      pounds from already downsized small cars.”
      * National Academy of Sciences’ auto fuel-economy study: “larger,
      heavier cars are more crashworthy than similarly equipped small cars, and
      CAFE restricts the production of those safer cars for the sake of fuel
      economy.”
      Michelle Malkin says, “CAFE fuel standards clamp down on the production of
      larger, more crashworthy cars…CAFE kills.”
      Last year when Obama announced his intention to change standards, Issa
      warned, “Beyond jobs that would be lost as a result of this rule, there are
      concerns that these new regulations were crafted in a manner inconsistent
      with laws and basic standards of transparency that had the effect of hiding
      special interest agendas.”
      He was rightly concerned that the Obama administration tends to do things
      behind closed doors. Remember Carol Browner, former Obama climate czar,
      told auto industry executives “to put nothing in writing, ever” when she was
      working backroom deals drafting these standards.
      Of course Obama says “it’s good for middle class families”—ignoring the
      fact that these very people will have to pay thousands more for each
      vehicle and they may not want to buy the kind of car Obama tells them they should
      buy. (Chevy Volt, anyone?)
      Remember, Obama knows what is good for you. If you have a family, you didn’
      t build that. He did, and he’ll tell you how to run it.
      But you can’t say he didn’t warn us. He said, “You can’t drive your SUV’
      s, or eat what you want, or keep your thermostat at 72 degrees, and then
      expect other countries will just say O.K.”
      So I guess we should lock up our pantries and hide our thermostats,
      because he’s probably coming for those things next.
      The dictator in the White House has no business regulating consumers into
      poverty and oppression. He has consistently inserted himself into the free
      market and is regulating us to death…literally.

    • RickyG
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 31, 2012
        Screw em'!

        I am going to keep driving my gas guzzling, carbon footprint the size of bigfoot making, Mercedes Benz tank of a sweet driving car until the damned wheels fall off of it!

        Rick B. Gurley.

        Agency License Number: 2011001124

        Director of Operations: Ricky Gurley
        Private Investigator License Number: 2011001072

        Direct Office Number: (573) 234-6876
        Office Phone: (573) 234-4647 Ext. 110
        Cell Phone: (573) 529-4476
        Company Toll Free Phone: (877) 571-7486
        Personal Toll Free Phone: (888) 571-0958
        Toll Free Fax: (877) 795-9800
        EMERGENCY LINE: (573) 234-4871

        RMRI, Inc. Website
        (1) http://www.rmriinc.com

        RMRI, Inc. Blog
        (1) http://rmriincblog.com/

      • oracleintl@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 31, 2012
          I'm gonna keep driving my ...

          Bill

          In a message dated 8/31/2012 5:23:47 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
          rmriinc@... writes:

          Screw em'!

          I am going to keep driving my gas guzzling, carbon footprint the size of
          bigfoot making, Mercedes Benz tank of a sweet driving car until the damned
          wheels fall off of it!

          Rick B. Gurley.

          Agency License Number: 2011001124

          Director of Operations: Ricky Gurley
          Private Investigator License Number: 2011001072

          Direct Office Number: (573) 234-6876
          Office Phone: (573) 234-4647 Ext. 110
          Cell Phone: (573) 529-4476
          Company Toll Free Phone: (877) 571-7486
          Personal Toll Free Phone: (888) 571-0958
          Toll Free Fax: (877) 795-9800
          EMERGENCY LINE: (573) 234-4871

          RMRI, Inc. Website
          (1) _http://www.rmriinc.com_ (http://www.rmriinc.com/)

          RMRI, Inc. Blog
          (1) _http://rmriincblog.com/_ (http://rmriincblog.com/)

          --- In _infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com_

          mZmw9JmV4dHJhPU11bHRpdmFyaWF0ZUlkPSYmJg==&&&2002&&&_http://www.facebook.com/s_ (http://www.facebook.com/s)
          m:80/track?type=click&enid=ZWFzPT_ (http://smna.shufflingmadness.com/track?type=click&enid=ZWFzPT)

          Z0YXJnZXRpZD0mZmw9JmV4dHJhPU11bHRpdmFyaWF0ZUlkPSYmJg==&&&2006&&&_https://www._ (https://www./)

          twitter.com/intent/tweet?original_referer=&tex_ (http://twitter.com/intent/tweet?original_referer=&tex)

          t=&url=_http://smna.shufflingmadness.com:80/track?type=click&enid=ZWFzPTEmbWF_ (http://smna.shufflingmadness.com/track?type=click&enid=ZWFzPTEmbWF)

          nZXRpZD0mZmw9JmV4dHJhPU11bHRpdmFyaWF0ZUlkPSYmJg==&&&2006&&&_https://www.advoc_ (https://www.advoc/)

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 31, 2012
            Damn ... evidently, you cannot put a picture in the post. I'll try an
            attachment ... about 2 - 2.5 MPG.

            Bill

            /s__ (http://www.facebook.com/s_) (_http://www.facebook.com/s_

            w.__ (https://www._/) (_https://www./_ (https://www./) )