Computer Security

  • Rob O'Neill
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 13, 2012
      Greetings,

      As one might expect I use a number of computers/tablets/smart phones in the
      course of my agency business. Security measures for my electronics have
      always been a patchwork quilt kind of thing with no comprehensive strategy.
      While I believe my computers and communication devices are reasonably
      secure, I'm pretty sure I should have a written policy/plan to avoid
      overlooked holes, to aid in insurance underwriting, and to minimize
      associated exposure to liability. So, could anyone share with me a best
      practices check list or the like that they have found helpful in creating a
      plan or policy for data security?

      Also, I am strongly considering "cloud" based file storage to include
      surveillance video, recorded statements, reports, etc. Does anyone have
      opinions as to the pros and cons of this move. Specific provider
      experiences would also be appreciated.

      Thanks for the help!!

      Rob O'Neill

      (630) 938-4716 Office

      (630) 768-6561 Mobile

      (630) 982-0692 Fax

      rroneill@... Email

      Illinois License 117.001361

      Wisconsin License 16695-062

      CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
      This e-mail contains confidential information and is intended solely for the
      use of the individual named on this transmission. If you are not the
      intended recipient, you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing
      strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail
      please destroy this message immediately.