Re: Who Do You Report A PI Problem To?

  • RickyG
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 11 12:21 PM
      I am okay with "nebulous and vague" with regards to this particular post.... I am kinda happy that she did not start "splashing" some poor Private Investigator's name across the screen, only to find out later that the Private Investigator did everything that he or she could for her, and is not guilty of selling her information, and she just did not get what she wanted, and was upset or frustrated, and decided to try to "harm" this P.I.'s name due to a misunderstanding; AFTER this P.I. has had some damage done to his or her reputation because she mentioned their name here.

      There are almost a thousand people watching here, you know?

      Had she used the Private Investigator's name, I am sure I would NOT have put the post through, or I would have at least edited the name out of the post.

      Bob Hrodey is right, all she was doing was asking who she should go to, to make a complaint, even id she did not really know how to ask.

      I hope that you understand that I don't want to discourage consumers from asking questions like that on this group, Mr. Baroski.

      Take care.

      Ricky B. Gurley.

      Agency License Number: 2011001124

      Director of Operations: Ricky Gurley
      Private Investigator License Number: 2011001072

      Direct Office Number: (573) 234-6876
      Office Phone: (573) 234-4647 Ext. 110
      Car Phone: (573) 529-0808
      Cell Phone: (573) 529-4476
      Toll Free Phone: (888) 571-0958
      Toll Free Fax: (877) 795-9800
      EMERGENCY LINE: (573) 234-4871

      RMRI, Inc. Website
      http://www.rmriinc.com

      RMRI, Inc. Blog
      http://rmriinc.wordpress.com/
      --- In infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com, baroski@... wrote:

      > Mr. Gurley,
      >
      > Far be it from me to question your judgment about what letters to post. I never said that the letter was off topic. The fact that she's from the Orlando area doesn't seem to matter, as the gist of her query is universal. My rhetorical question of how the letter got through merely reflected my personal opinion that the letter was nebulous and vague.
      >
      > I regret if my comment caused any misunderstanding.
      >

      > John David Baroski
      > Baroski & Associates, Inc.
      > Baroski.com
      > 954-532-5525

    • RickyG
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 16 11:07 AM
        I tried to stay out of this, but there are just a few issues here that needs to be addressed.

        First, some very brief background. I referred this lady to Bill Branscum. I did this because it seemed that he case dealt with corruption issues, some financial issues, and it was in Florida. Primarily in this case, when I heard that there were some financial issues; I mentioned Bill's name. Bill Branscum's name is the FIRST name I mention to anyone that has a case involving financial issues that need to be examined. In my opinion, Bill Branscum is the "Go To Guy" for investigations involving financial issues. I know that I am sending a prospective client to a well credentialed, highly experienced Investigator that knows what he is doing when I refer that person to Bill Branscum. I am just sorry that this turned into an ordeal that wasted Bill's time.

        Jayne, here is one of the issues that I have. First, I know you don't have a lot of money; but surely you could have afforded $50.00 or $100.00 for Bill spending his time going over this case with you? It might not have been much, but Bill is a reasonable and fair man that is willing to help anyone out just for the asking. You would have at least shown Bill that you were trying to respect his time and his experience if you would have made this small payment for his time and experience. I am wondering why that did not occur to you?

        Secondly, now after you have kept him on the phone and writing emails to you for FREE, FREELY giving you advice, and FREELY guiding you though what to do and what not to do in a case like this; you "flaunt" this case in his face and tell him how he will read about it in the paper? Really? That is how you return his acts of kindness to you? I would have thought that you would have shown some contrition? I would have thought that you would have publicly thanked him for his time and efforts, and mentioned that if you do receive some award for damages in your case, you will settle up with him? I mean it is not like you were getting some advice from some "wanna-be Private Investigator" that managed to get his licensed. The advice you got was from a well respected, highly experienced, superbly credentialed Investigator that specializes in financial crimes cases, and has worked some of the largest cases that I know of any Private Investigator working. I can not understand why you would not be grateful for his time, and apologetic for not being able to pay him for it. It just seems like the decent thing to do; to me......

        Ricky B. Gurley.

        Agency License Number: 2011001124

        Director of Operations: Ricky Gurley
        Private Investigator License Number: 2011001072

        MAIN Company Number: (877) 571-7486
        Office Number: (573) 234-6876
        Cell Phone: (573) 529-4476
        Toll Free Fax: (877) 795-9800
        EMERGENCY LINE: (573) 234-4871

        RMRI, Inc. Website
        http://www.rmriinc.com

        RMRI, Inc. Blog
        http://rmriinc.wordpress.com/
      • jayne bongard
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 20 4:59 PM
          Rick I could have sent 50 or 100. But he wanted a lot more than that
          although I did not think it was unreasonable. I truly had good honest
          intentions of paying him his fee and expected to receive some money.
          Because of something beyond my control related to this case I did not get
          it as I should have.
          I'm sorry u feel u should not have wasted his time with me but also believe
          given what I sent he should have seen the end pay off and amount of money
          involved as he is supposedly an expert in financial crimes. Its all good
          though. 2 attorneys have seen through the smoke and hopefully everything
          will be concluded in the next 2 months.