who do u report pi problems to?

  • yp_angelina_orlando_200
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 10 5:40 PM
      I hired a licensed investigator over a year ago who charged a fortune and did nothing. I just found he sold my info to the person I was investigating. I know this to be true bit no documented evidence.Is there anyone that investigates the investigators?
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 10 6:10 PM
        Dear Nameless:

        It is an impossible inquiry to answer since you have not indicated anything
        relevant. Who are you? Are you licensed? What state are you in?

        God help us all !!!!

        Sue Sarkis

      • baroski@comcast.net
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 10 7:37 PM
          Dear Sue,

          How did this person even get on here to make a comment like that? Not that I care too much since I enjoyed the laugh I got out of it and your, as always, concise reply.

          Thanks,

          John

          John David Baroski
          Baroski & Associates, Inc.
          Baroski.com

          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 10 8:52 PM
            John and all !!!

            Remember, Infoguys is open to the general public as well as everyone else
            !!! LOL

            Like it says at the welcome page, "Welcome! Infoguys is a tool for the
            information professional, the attorney, the private investigator, and the
            general public. It's aim is the friendly, useful, and responsible exchange of
            legal investigative information among all its list members. Use the list to
            network, to contact a source out of your geographical area or out of your
            area of expertise. Use the list to find an investigator or to find a client."

            Sue

            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 10 10:29 PM
              Sue,

              I'm aware that it's open to the public. But can anybody just make any comment that doesn't even make sense? I don't personally care, I'm just curious.

              John

              John David Baroski
              Baroski & Associates, Inc.
              Baroski.com

              Message 6 of 12 , Aug 10 10:52 PM
                John -

                To be honest, in most cases the answer would be yes. When a new person
                signs on, they are moderated for a while to check their conduct. After a
                period of time, the moderated status is dropped in most cases. Sometimes, and
                I've never figured it out, but not everyone is automatically unmoderated.

                However, in the case of Ms. Nameless, although she has been a member for
                almost 2 years, she is still on moderated status. Don't shoot the messenger
                though because I am NOT the one who approved that message.

                Sincerely,
                Sue

                From: __suesarkis@..._ (mailto:_suesarkis@...) _ (mailto:
                _suesarkis@..._ (mailto:suesarkis@...) )

                (mailto: _sisenoritabonita@..._ (mailto:sisenoritabonita@...) )

                Message 7 of 12 , Aug 15 4:55 PM
                  --- In infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com, "yp_angelina_orlando_200" <sisenoritabonita@...> wrote:

                  > I hired a licensed investigator over a year ago who charged a fortune and did nothing. I just found he sold my info to the person I was investigating. I know this to be true bit no documented evidence.Is there anyone that investigates the investigators?

                  Im certainly happy my post brought such enjoyment to you all. Im sorry if this was not the proper place to post it. I don't know why I thought a site with suppossedly "professional" investigators would know such an answer.
                  As for Bills post - yes I guess I did "piss" away his time and couldn't come up with any money but each time I thought I could something - or someone, if you know the background prevented it. but fyi bill - this money was spent on an investigator before I learned of you and as for who recommended you I think you owe him an apology. He recommended you as one of the top investigators he knew and had nothing bad to say about you. Maybe you should have stuck it out as my case through the help of others is getting ready to pay off bigger than even I ever imagined. Sometimes you have to have faith and see the big picture. This one was big. Bigger than you could see obviously. Don't worry - you can read it in the paper when it breaks.
                • oracleintl@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 12 , Aug 16 5:38 AM
                    against a PI who has been working for you "over a year," charged you a
                    fortune, and did nothing.

                    You started conferring with me on this case in April 2011. So, either you
                    had an investigator prior to 2011, and never mentioned it to me during all
                    those endless conversations and emails, and are only just now becoming
                    dissatisfied with his work of two years ago, or you're lying.

                    Considering that you always told me that, being unable to come up with my
                    retainer, you were doing the best you could by yourself, seeking my
                    assistance in telling you what to do next ... I can read the writing on that wall
                    just fine.

                    As for owing anyone an apology, I reread my message and only a nutcase
                    could interpret what I said as having a negative connotation with regard to the
                    individual who referred you to me.

                    I am quite sure that your case is bigger than my wildest imaginings ... you
                    have been telling me that for a year and a half.

                    I'm done with this conversation ... just wanted my fellow PI's to know what
                    they are dealing with.

                    Bill E. Branscum, Investigator
                    Oracle International
                    Naples, FL 34101
                    (239) 304-1639 V
                    (239) 641-6782 C

                    (mailto:infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com) , "yp_angelina_orlando_200" <sisenoritabonita@...> wrote:

                    > I hired a licensed investigator over a year ago who charged a fortune
                    and did nothing. I just found he sold my info to the person I was
                    investigating. I know this to be true bit no documented evidence.Is there anyone that
                    investigates the investigators?

                    Im certainly happy my post brought such enjoyment to you all. Im sorry if
                    this was not the proper place to post it. I don't know why I thought a site
                    with suppossedly "professional" investigators would know such an answer.
                    As for Bills post - yes I guess I did "piss" away his time and couldn't
                    come up with any money but each time I thought I could something - or
                    someone, if you know the background prevented it. but fyi bill - this money was
                    spent on an investigator before I learned of you and as for who recommended
                    you I think you owe him an apology. He recommended you as one of the top
                    investigators he knew and had nothing bad to say about you. Maybe you should
                    have stuck it out as my case through the help of others is getting ready to
                    pay off bigger than even I ever imagined. Sometimes you have to have faith
                    and see the big picture. This one was big. Bigger than you could see
                    obviously. Don't worry - you can read it in the paper when it breaks.

                  • Rus B. Robison
                    Message 9 of 12 , Aug 16 6:12 AM
                      Hey Bill,

                      I set a policy decades ago and we do not deal with the public. It is either an insurance company, legitimate business entity, other investigators or attorney. Yeah, it sounds like an oxymoron.

                      The general public has NO realistic expectation of what we do or what we charge. Working with the above group cuts down about 99% of the problem and reduces the nut cases to just a few in the past 30 years.

                      With kindest regards, I remain…

                      Very truly yours,

                      ROBISON COMPANIES, LLC

                      PRIVATE INVESTIGATORS

                      Rus B. Robison

                    • oracleintl@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 12 , Aug 16 10:19 AM
                        Damn Rus ... I figured you was DEAD. I haven't heard from you in forever.

                        How have you been?

                        I sure do agree with you in general, but all my work is financial and most
                        relates to investment fraud recovery, so I have little choice but to deal
                        with the victimized investors.

                        I've only had a couple of significant issues these last 15 years so I guess
                        I just must accept the occasional whack job. You can usually sort them
                        out REAL quick though.

                        Bill

                        Message 11 of 12 , Aug 16 11:02 AM
                          Yeah, Billy, I am still around. Don’t know why. It is s-l-o-w in Oklahoma. My golf game is improving, though.

                          In theory, your clients are a little more sophisticated than the average Joe Blow off the street. We used to get idiots who would call and say “If you will follow my wife tonight, I’ll have $50 for you a week from Friday”. Seriously?

                          $5,000 retainer fees paid in cash do have a tendency to loosen up the policy on occasion. (8>)

                          Stay in touch.

                          Rus

                        • jayne bongard
                          Message 12 of 12 , Aug 20 4:47 PM
                            I think your fellow pi's would be much better off knowing what you are all
                            about. First I am NOT a liar and have no reason to lie. Second perhaps I
                            never mentioned him because there was nothing he did to pass on. Third I am
                            only now complaining because I only just now found out be sold my info.
                            Fourth had i ever had the money I would have sent your retainer. I don't
                            expect anything for free and when I said I had money I thought coming which
                            I could pay with I believed it. You have no clue what I've been through or
                            how hard its been just not to end up on the street. I'm not looking nor do
                            I need yours or anyone else's sympathy. I've accomplished a lot on my own,
                            posted a simple question and had no intention of starting a war. Sorry u
                            feel the way u do and I wasted your time without being able to come up with
                            money. Glad your done with this conversation so u van go back to chasing
                            your dollars.