Re: [infoguys-list] Jamaica Land and Title Search

  • Bob Hrodey
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 6, 2012
      Frank and Julie Grande, wrote the following at or about 8/6/2012 1:37 PM:
      > Colleagues
      >
      > I have a client who was contacted and was told that her relatives have over 100 acres of land that belongs to them and the family. The land was compromised many years ago and was sold illegally.
      >
      > Is there a way to get a title search on the ownership of property in Jamaica?
      >
      > The client is American with Jamaican ties.
      >
      > Please assist or refer a professional.

      Google is your friend, Frank.

      Title insurance has only been in effect in Jamaica since April 2008.

      One of the several excerpts that I read from hits indicated that
      tracking one's property rights has been somewhat problematic.

      No doubt it would be that way without title insurance and somebody with
      skin in the game (and no ownership interest) looking at each and every
      transaction to make sure it's on the up and up.

      No doubt that your client's interests are best served by engaging a
      lawyer in Jamaica rather than a newly formed title company or private
      investigator.

      --
      Enjoy,

      Enjoy,

      /Bob/
      Hrodey & Associates Established 1977
      Woodstock, IL 60098-0366 NCISS, & P.A.W.L.I.
      email: inquiry@... <mailto:inquiry@...> or
      rth@... <mailto:rth@...>
      Illinois License 115-000783 Wisconsin 8045-063