Jamaica Land and Title Search

  • Frank and Julie Grande
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 6, 2012
      Colleagues

      I have a client who was contacted and was told that her relatives have over 100 acres of land that belongs to them and the family.  The land was compromised many years ago and was sold illegally.

      Is there a way to get a title search on the ownership of property in Jamaica?

      The client is American with Jamaican ties.

      Please assist or refer a professional.

      Warmest regards

      Frank M. Grande
      CheckMate Investigations LLC
      P.O. Box 825 Bethel, CT 06801
      Office: 203.743.6455
      Fax: 203.778.2415
      Toll: 877.743.6455
      Email info@...
      Web: www.checkmate-investigations.net
      CT Lic. #A-2192
      NY Lic. #11000164596
      NCISS, NAIS, NAPI
      When there are no more moves, CHECKMATE! WE ARE YOUR LAST MOVE.

      All information via this email is intended for the recipient(s). The material within this email may contain confidential and or legal information. If you are not the intended party, please notify the sender via email and destroy all information that was sent to you such as the email and attachments within.

    • Bob Hrodey
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 6, 2012
        Frank and Julie Grande, wrote the following at or about 8/6/2012 1:37 PM:
        > Colleagues
        >
        > I have a client who was contacted and was told that her relatives have over 100 acres of land that belongs to them and the family. The land was compromised many years ago and was sold illegally.
        >
        > Is there a way to get a title search on the ownership of property in Jamaica?
        >
        > The client is American with Jamaican ties.
        >
        > Please assist or refer a professional.

        Google is your friend, Frank.

        Title insurance has only been in effect in Jamaica since April 2008.

        One of the several excerpts that I read from hits indicated that
        tracking one's property rights has been somewhat problematic.

        No doubt it would be that way without title insurance and somebody with
        skin in the game (and no ownership interest) looking at each and every
        transaction to make sure it's on the up and up.

        No doubt that your client's interests are best served by engaging a
        lawyer in Jamaica rather than a newly formed title company or private
        investigator.

        --
        Enjoy,

        Enjoy,

        /Bob/
        Hrodey & Associates Established 1977
        Woodstock, IL 60098-0366 NCISS, & P.A.W.L.I.
        email: inquiry@... <mailto:inquiry@...> or
        rth@... <mailto:rth@...>
        Illinois License 115-000783 Wisconsin 8045-063