Re: [infoguys-list] Association

    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 3, 2012
      Sylvia -

      I don't believe the state association, ALDONYS, provides a list. However,
      you can definitely search for an investigator by both specialty and region
      at _http://www.aldonys.org/_ (http://www.aldonys.org/)

      Good luck.

      ________________________

    • Gregory Martinez
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 3, 2012
        1. United States Association of Professional Investigators has a list for each state of its members:

        http://www.usapi.org/index.asp

        See the link "Find an Investigator" on the left side bottom and then search by state.

        2. Association of Christian Investigators also has a Directory that you can search by state:

        http://www.a-c-i.org

        3. NISP has a list by state:

        http://www.nisp.us.com/pi.new_york.htm

        4. ALDONYS has Directory. Click on "Find an Expert" button on the top.

        http://www.aldonys.org/

        Greg

        "And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." (John 8:32)

        ------------------------------
        Gregory A. Martinez,
        Private Investigator
        169 Commack Rd,
        Suite H-209,
        Commack, NY 11725

        www.gregmartinez-pi.com
        Tel. 631-543-1909
        NY PI License ID #: 11000157180

        On Jul 3, 2012, at 12:45 PM, karousel wrote:

        > Is there any kind of association or group that would have a listing of private investigators in New York state?
        >
        > Sylvia
        > (not a P.I.)

      • Bob Hrodey
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 3, 2012
          Gregory Martinez, wrote the following at or about 7/3/2012 12:29 PM:
          > 1. United States Association of Professional Investigators has a list for each state of its members:
          >
          > http://www.usapi.org/index.asp

          Use caution here... Their site map shows 11 members in IL but when you
          dig down, they only list 4. One is an in-house investigator for a law
          firm, two are properly licensed and one is some clown who is NOT a
          licensed PI but apparently has decided to hang out his shingle anyway.

          > See the link "Find an Investigator" on the left side bottom and then search by state.
          >
          > 2. Association of Christian Investigators also has a Directory that you can search by state:
          >
          > http://www.a-c-i.org

          Likewise, very few of those listed are licensed private detectives or
          even possess the state-issued credential to work FOR a private detective
          agency. I realized that they do not restrict their membership to
          licensed individuals but... I recognize not a few individuals in their
          ranks who are great investigators and properly licensed.

          Point is, go beyond membership in an organization when seeking out an
          investigator.

          Check with the state for licensing credentials early on in your search.
          A fancy website and membership means nothing if the person is unlicensed

          --
          Enjoy,

          Enjoy,

          /Bob/
          Hrodey & Associates Established 1977
          Woodstock, IL 60098-0366 NCISS, & P.A.W.L.I.
          email: inquiry@... <mailto:inquiry@...> or
          rth@... <mailto:rth@...>
          Illinois License 115-000783 Wisconsin 8045-063

        • Gregory Martinez
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 3, 2012
            Yea, that map graphic on USAPI has not been updated in ages.

            Private groups do not update their lists every day. After all, someone licensed a year ago may not be licensed today etc.

            All private lists like these are nothing more than starting points. Not unlike other private lists for various industries. When a govt. license is required, then take the info you get from the private lists and then verify they are licensed with the licensing authority.

            Greg

            ------------------------------

            ---------

            On Jul 3, 2012, at 2:50 PM, Bob Hrodey wrote:

            > Gregory Martinez, wrote the following at or about 7/3/2012 12:29 PM:
            > > 1. United States Association of Professional Investigators has a list for each state of its members:
            > >
            > > http://www.usapi.org/index.asp
            >
            > Use caution here... Their site map shows 11 members in IL but when you
            > dig down, they only list 4. One is an in-house investigator for a law
            > firm, two are properly licensed and one is some clown who is NOT a
            > licensed PI but apparently has decided to hang out his shingle anyway.
            >

            > > See the link "Find an Investigator" on the left side bottom and then search by state.
            > >
            > > 2. Association of Christian Investigators also has a Directory that you can search by state:
            > >
            > > http://www.a-c-i.org
            >
            > Likewise, very few of those listed are licensed private detectives or
            > even possess the state-issued credential to work FOR a private detective
            > agency. I realized that they do not restrict their membership to
            > licensed individuals but... I recognize not a few individuals in their
            > ranks who are great investigators and properly licensed.
            >
            > Point is, go beyond membership in an organization when seeking out an
            > investigator.
            >
            > Check with the state for licensing credentials early on in your search.
            > A fancy website and membership means nothing if the person is unlicensed
            >
            > --
            > Enjoy,
            >
            > Enjoy,
            >
            > /Bob/
            > Hrodey & Associates Established 1977
            > Post Office Box 366 Member of NALI, ASIS, FBINAA, NAPPS
            > Woodstock, IL 60098-0366 NCISS, & P.A.W.L.I.
            > Licensed in IL & WI (815) 337-4636 Voice 337-4638 Fax
            > email: inquiry@... <mailto:inquiry@...> or
            > rth@... <mailto:rth@...>
            > Illinois License 115-000783 Wisconsin 8045-063

          • Ronald DeCaro
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 3, 2012
              Excellent point. Thanks.

              Ronald R. DeCaro
              Private Investigator - CA License No. PI21993
              INTEGRATED INSURANCE INVESTIGATIONS
              PO Box 888 - Mira Loma - CA - 91752-0888
              Phone (951) 360-8880 Fax (951) 360-5957
              E-mail: Roncaro@...

              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 11, 2012
                Greg -

                I'm sorry but I strongly disagree with you. For starters, USAPI is a
                membership organization with dues paid. Therefore, they have a legal
                obligation to update their lists with regularity. Anything short of that should be
                treated criminally as promoting unlicensed activities !!!!!

                Sincerely,
                Sue

                <mailto:_inquiry@..._ (mailto:inquiry@...) > or