Association

  • karousel
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 3, 2012
      Is there any kind of association or group that would have a listing of private investigators in New York state?

      Sylvia
      (not a P.I.)

      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 3, 2012
        Sylvia -

        I don't believe the state association, ALDONYS, provides a list. However,
        you can definitely search for an investigator by both specialty and region
        at _http://www.aldonys.org/_ (http://www.aldonys.org/)

        Good luck.

        ________________________

      • Gregory Martinez
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 3, 2012
          1. United States Association of Professional Investigators has a list for each state of its members:

          http://www.usapi.org/index.asp

          See the link "Find an Investigator" on the left side bottom and then search by state.

          2. Association of Christian Investigators also has a Directory that you can search by state:

          http://www.a-c-i.org

          3. NISP has a list by state:

          http://www.nisp.us.com/pi.new_york.htm

          4. ALDONYS has Directory. Click on "Find an Expert" button on the top.

          http://www.aldonys.org/

          Greg

          "And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." (John 8:32)

          ------------------------------
          Gregory A. Martinez,
          Private Investigator
          169 Commack Rd,
          Suite H-209,
          Commack, NY 11725

          www.gregmartinez-pi.com
          Tel. 631-543-1909
          NY PI License ID #: 11000157180

          On Jul 3, 2012, at 12:45 PM, karousel wrote:

          > Is there any kind of association or group that would have a listing of private investigators in New York state?
          >
          > Sylvia
          > (not a P.I.)

        • Bob Hrodey
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 3, 2012
            Gregory Martinez, wrote the following at or about 7/3/2012 12:29 PM:
            > 1. United States Association of Professional Investigators has a list for each state of its members:
            >
            > http://www.usapi.org/index.asp

            Use caution here... Their site map shows 11 members in IL but when you
            dig down, they only list 4. One is an in-house investigator for a law
            firm, two are properly licensed and one is some clown who is NOT a
            licensed PI but apparently has decided to hang out his shingle anyway.

            > See the link "Find an Investigator" on the left side bottom and then search by state.
            >
            > 2. Association of Christian Investigators also has a Directory that you can search by state:
            >
            > http://www.a-c-i.org

            Likewise, very few of those listed are licensed private detectives or
            even possess the state-issued credential to work FOR a private detective
            agency. I realized that they do not restrict their membership to
            licensed individuals but... I recognize not a few individuals in their
            ranks who are great investigators and properly licensed.

            Point is, go beyond membership in an organization when seeking out an
            investigator.

            Check with the state for licensing credentials early on in your search.
            A fancy website and membership means nothing if the person is unlicensed

            --
            Enjoy,

            Enjoy,

            /Bob/
            Hrodey & Associates Established 1977
            Woodstock, IL 60098-0366 NCISS, & P.A.W.L.I.
            email: inquiry@... <mailto:inquiry@...> or
            rth@... <mailto:rth@...>
            Illinois License 115-000783 Wisconsin 8045-063

          • Gregory Martinez
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 3, 2012
              Yea, that map graphic on USAPI has not been updated in ages.

              Private groups do not update their lists every day. After all, someone licensed a year ago may not be licensed today etc.

              All private lists like these are nothing more than starting points. Not unlike other private lists for various industries. When a govt. license is required, then take the info you get from the private lists and then verify they are licensed with the licensing authority.

              Greg

              ------------------------------

              ---------

              On Jul 3, 2012, at 2:50 PM, Bob Hrodey wrote:

              > Gregory Martinez, wrote the following at or about 7/3/2012 12:29 PM:
              > > 1. United States Association of Professional Investigators has a list for each state of its members:
              > >
              > > http://www.usapi.org/index.asp
              >
              > Use caution here... Their site map shows 11 members in IL but when you
              > dig down, they only list 4. One is an in-house investigator for a law
              > firm, two are properly licensed and one is some clown who is NOT a
              > licensed PI but apparently has decided to hang out his shingle anyway.
              >

              > > See the link "Find an Investigator" on the left side bottom and then search by state.
              > >
              > > 2. Association of Christian Investigators also has a Directory that you can search by state:
              > >
              > > http://www.a-c-i.org
              >
              > Likewise, very few of those listed are licensed private detectives or
              > even possess the state-issued credential to work FOR a private detective
              > agency. I realized that they do not restrict their membership to
              > licensed individuals but... I recognize not a few individuals in their
              > ranks who are great investigators and properly licensed.
              >
              > Point is, go beyond membership in an organization when seeking out an
              > investigator.
              >
              > Check with the state for licensing credentials early on in your search.
              > A fancy website and membership means nothing if the person is unlicensed
              >
              > --
              > Enjoy,
              >
              > Enjoy,
              >
              > /Bob/
              > Hrodey & Associates Established 1977
              > Post Office Box 366 Member of NALI, ASIS, FBINAA, NAPPS
              > Woodstock, IL 60098-0366 NCISS, & P.A.W.L.I.
              > Licensed in IL & WI (815) 337-4636 Voice 337-4638 Fax
              > email: inquiry@... <mailto:inquiry@...> or
              > rth@... <mailto:rth@...>
              > Illinois License 115-000783 Wisconsin 8045-063

            • Ronald DeCaro
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 3, 2012
                Excellent point. Thanks.

                Ronald R. DeCaro
                Private Investigator - CA License No. PI21993
                INTEGRATED INSURANCE INVESTIGATIONS
                PO Box 888 - Mira Loma - CA - 91752-0888
                Phone (951) 360-8880 Fax (951) 360-5957
                E-mail: Roncaro@...

                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 11, 2012
                  Greg -

                  I'm sorry but I strongly disagree with you. For starters, USAPI is a
                  membership organization with dues paid. Therefore, they have a legal
                  obligation to update their lists with regularity. Anything short of that should be
                  treated criminally as promoting unlicensed activities !!!!!

                  Sincerely,
                  Sue

                  <mailto:_inquiry@..._ (mailto:inquiry@...) > or