New Business

  • James
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 25, 2000
      Hello,

      I would like to introduce myself.  My name is Barbara Douthit and I have recently opened my own agency, Douthit & Associates, LLC in Nashville, TN.  I have a college degree in business management with a minor in accounting.  I have worked in the Trust department of a local bank for six years.  I have also been an internal auditor for a national aviation company traveling throughout the U.S. conducting field audits in each of the company's branches.  While new to this field, my background and previous experience and research I believe is a good foundation in which to build my new career.  I am fifty years old and am the grandmother of three.  I received my college degree at the age of forty-four.  I'm not afraid of hard work and long hours.  Now that we have an "empty nest" my time is more my own and working odd hours is not a problem.

      Some of the services I will be offering are:

      1.  Background checks on potential employees and/or volunteers for businesses, organizations, etc.
      2.  Locating individuals
      3.  Locating hidden assets
      4.  White collar crimes
      5.  Surveillance

      I would appreciate the group's help in two areas.  One if you need something done in or around the Nashville area please contact me.  Secondly, being new in this field, I'm unsure what to charge.  I have been contacted by several people who have heard about my new business and have worked with me in other areas who are interested in using my services.  My problem is what is a fair price for them and for me to make a decent profit.

      Please send your replies directly to me at the following address:

      Barbara Douthit
      Douthit & Associates, LLC
      (615) 754-4571 (office/fax)

      Thanks for everyone's help and the info I have received to date.

      .