April East Bay District Meeting

  • C.W. Sellers
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 10, 2012
      Upcoming East Bay District Meeting

      Are you looking for a place to have lunch on Friday, April 27th?

      Are you trying to find a way to get to a CALI meeting?

      Are you trying to reconnect?

      Are you looking for a reason to end the week with a lil fun?

      We have just the place... and it includes a speaker that will not only
      delight you but it will be educational training as well, a topic you will

      It’s a lunch meeting and on a Friday, give yourself a treat!

      Date: April 27, 2012

      Time: 11:30 a.m.

      Location: Chevy's Mexican Restaurant, 1890 Powell Street, Emeryville

      Cost: Buffet Lunch $25.00

      Raffle Prize: Don't forget to bring one (attach your business card) and get

      BRING A FRIEND AND GET 10 FREE RAFFLE TICKETS – Remember, anyone can come.

      Guest speaker: Thomas Peele, Bay Area News Investigative Reporter, Author of
      the just released "Killing the Messenger."

      “Killing the Messenger” is the true story of the killing of Chauncey Bailey,
      a local weekly newspaper editor, the involvement of members of the now
      defunct business and religious cult, Your Black Muslim Bakery, and the
      flawed police investigation.

      About Thomas Peele

      Tom’s career began at a weekly newspaper in New York in 1983. Since, he has
      worked for 7 daily newspapers. Specializing in data collection and analysis,
      he is currently an investigative reporter for the Bay Area News Group,
      publishers of newspapers surrounding San Francisco.

      A recipient of over 50 journalism awards, Tom holds a bachelor’s in
      journalism and a master's in creative writing. He lectures at the UC
      Berkeley, Graduate School of Journalism & co-teaches a class on
      public-records reporting.

      Tom says, "work life changed radically after the 2007 murder of a man I'd
      never met.” Chauncey Bailey, the editor of a weekly newspaper in Oakland,
      was working on an article on an organization called “Your Black Muslim
      Bakery” and the cult behind it.

      A group of journalists (Tom was one) incensed by lack of attention Bailey’s
      murder received, joined together in a loosely formed association they named
      “The Chauncey Bailey Project”. The tragedy of this case is chronicled in
      “Killing the Messenger”.

      District Business

      Vote Needed: At the last meeting we failed to take an approval vote for the
      East Bay sponsorship for a table at CALI's Leg Day. Fortunately, we had a
      benefactor that paid on our behalf. The vote at this meeting will reimburse
      that expense.

      Consideration of NEW District Officers: The district as a group needs to
      consider who will continue to lead the East Bay District. If you are
      interested in either the position of District Director or District Governor
      please contact our current District Director C.W. Sellers at
      cwsellers@... who would be please to provide you with the duties and
      responsibilities of office for your review and consideration. We will be
      voting on Officers at our June Meeting.

      C. W. Sellers
      C.A.L.I. East Bay District Director 2010-2011

      The Sellers Investigative Group

      "Truth Revealed by Professionals”

      CA PI 25415

      Direct: (209) 568-8744

      Field Fax (209) 523-5350

      Email: <mailto:cwsellers@...> cwsellers@...

      4120 Dale Road, Ste. J-8

      Modesto, California 95356

      Visit us NOW!

      <http://www.tsigusa.com/> www.TSIGUSA.com

      and on

      LinkedIn.com at

      <http://www.linkedin.com/in/tsigusa> www.linkedin.com/in/tsigusa

      Association of Christian Investigators
      Member in Good Standing

      California Association of Licensed Investigators
      Member in Good Standing

      East Bay District Director 2011-12

      Past East Bay District Governor 2010-11

      Ethical Business Practice Committee, Chair Since 2010

      NLITE PI Training Program Coordinator Since 2010

      Unlicensed Activity Committee, Member Since 2011

      Tech & ListServ Committee, Member Since 2012

      National Council of Investigation & Security Services
      Member in Good Standing

      The contents of this e-mail message and any attachments are covered by the
      Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. §§ 2510-2521 and are
      intended solely for the addressee(s) and may contain confidential and/or
      legally privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you
      are notified that any use, dissemination, distribution, copying, or storage
      of this message or any attachment is strictly prohibited. If you have any
      reason to believe you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, please
      notify us immediately by telephone at (209) 568-8744.