What size PI agency do you operate?

  • Jimmie Mesis
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 12, 2012
      Colleagues,

      PI Magazine ran an online survey back in 2009 to determine the average size
      of PI agencies and the results revealed the following:

      1 Person � 66%
      2 People � 11% (owner plus one full-time employee)
      3-5 Employees (full-time) 18%
      6-10 Employees (full-time) 2%
      11+ Employees (full-time) 3%

      We are running the online survey again and welcome everyone to participate
      at www.PImagazine.com. You�ll instantly get to see the current results as
      soon as you cast your response. Check back often to see how the results
      change as more people participate. It will be interesting to see how the
      percentages compare to the original survey.

      Thanking you in advance for your participation,

      Jimmie Mesis, LPI
      Editor-in-Chief

      PI Magazine, Inc.
      4400 Route 9, suite 1000
      Freehold, NJ 07728
      T - (732)308-3800 F - (732) 303-3314
      www.PImagazine.com <http://www.pimagazine.com/>

    • Salvatore Alioto
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 13, 2012
        Hi Jimmy,

        How large was the 2009 survey? Was it a large enough sampling to provide dependable data?

        Thanks
        Sal

        Salvatore F. Alioto PI
        Owner/Operator Able Shamus Investigations
        Retired Sergeant NY City Police Department

        Licensed by the NY State Department of State
        Private Investigation License # 11000101082
        Notary Public Commission # 01AL6083412

        Discreetly Addressing Your Private Investigation Needs
        In The NY State Hudson Valley, NY City & Long Island
        Office # (845) 226-1488
        Fax # (845) 226-3629
        Cell # (845) 656-4027
        Website - http://sfapi.tripod.com/

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 13, 2012
          The 2009 survey only included 610 entries. Clearly it is not an
          all-inclusive scientific survey, but provides some insight into the
          profession.

          Jimmie

          Jimmie Mesis, LPI
          Editor-in-Chief