[infoguys-list] Re: Florida Law

  • Rob & Tiff
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 26, 1999
      All;
      I need some advice folks. I started my own PI firm here in Maine a few
      months ago and, by word of mouth, (thankfully) attorney firms have started
      contacting me about cases. Here is where my lack of business background comes
      in, I'm unsure of what I want to create for a billing format. Could some of
      you forward me your billing forms so I can get a look and possibly borrow some
      of your ideas. The help would be greatly appreciated.
      I am also going to try to solicit business from other lawyers and insurance
      companies. So, if any one has some good advice on how to "break the ice" and
      start getting calls through self-advertisement, let me know. Thanks for anyone
      who assists me, and to all-stay safe.

      Rob Lamarre
      R. Lamarre Investigations

    • mascolese@logicon.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 4, 1999
        To Robbie regarding Florida licensing.....

        Depending on your background you would either apply for a "CC" intern or a "C" license. That would depend on your experience, military, prior law enforcement, etc. For a "CC" trainee license, you need to have a sponsor - sponsorship is for 2 years. You need a sponsor BEFORE you can apply for the license. You would then fill out the application (sponsor/employer usually provides it to you) and your sponsor would fill out his/her part and send it to Tallahassee. Usually takes about 4-6 weeks for a response. But as soon as it's postmarked to be sent, you can begin working. There are fees (total $142) for application fees and fingerprint card processing, most times paid by the sponsor. You can also call the license division in Tallahassee for more specific questions you may have (850) 488-6982. Good luck to you!

        Original Article: http://www.egroups.com/list/infoguys-list/?start=180