Re: [infoguys-list] KPDA MEETING / viruses

  • cstratton@jbsi.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 21, 2000
      The person who responded to one particular e-mail with an immediate respose
      of " you have a virus" is correct. That particular e-mail had a version of
      the " kak worm" virus script attached to it. You might want to update your
      virus scan to the latest revision and scan again.

      CRS

      Colleen
      Edwards To: infoguys-list@egroups.com
      <scenter@nwra cc:
      in.com> Subject: [infoguys-list] KPDA MEETING /
      viruses
      06/20/00
      08:36 PM
      Please
      respond to
      infoguys-list

      I am no expert, but I don't see any viruses. E-groups server has a
      screen for attachments and as most of the viruses have been carried in
      an attachment so cannot be passed on that way.

      I don't think any professional here would want to risk prosecutiion of
      developing a virus. This is currently a federal offense. And to thus who
      wish to make false statements to others, most states have statues
      against that kind of behavior. It would be a stuipd thing to do in a
      private investigator list.

      Colleen Edwards, LPI