Amber Alert - not a parent

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 4, 2011
      Lisa Irwin Missing: 10-Month-Old Abducted From Crib

      First Posted: 10/4/11

      A frantic search is underway for an infant reportedly abducted from her
      crib in a Kansas City, Mo., home late Monday night.

      Ten-month-old Lisa Irwin was last seen by her mother, who laid her down to
      sleep at 10:30 p.m. The child was discovered missing by her father at 4
      a.m. when he returned home from work. The parents immediately called police.
      An Amber Alert has been issued for the child and authorities are canvassing
      the suburban Kansas City neighborhood and nearby wooded areas.
      "Hopefully the child's close and safe, but right now we're utilizing all
      available resources," said Officer Darin Snapp, a spokesman for the Kansas
      City Police Department.
      The FBI is assisting in the investigation and authorities warned that the
      kidnapper may have already crossed state lines.
      "It's very possible that this child could be in Kansas," said Snapp. "We're
      right on the state line."
      As yet, police have no suspect description, no vehicle description and no
      eyewitnesses to the abduction.

      "It's very frustrating," Snapp said. "We're hoping somebody comes forward
      and gives us the right information."

      Police said the kidnapper may have gained entry to the home through a
      window in the child's room, which showed signs of tampering. "Somebody could
      have entered through the window and abducted the child that way," Snapp said.
      "We don't know for sure yet."
      Police urged anyone with information about the girl's whereabouts to
      immediately call the TIPS hotline at 816-474-8477.
      Lisa has blue eyes and blond hair, is 30 inches tall and weighs 26 to 30
      pounds. She was last seen wearing purple shorts and a purple shirt with white
      kittens on it, police said. The child has two bottom teeth and a beauty
      mark on her right outer thigh. Her parents said she also has a cold with a
      cough.
      An officer at the scene told _KMBC-TV_
      (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44771585/ns/local_news-kansas_city_mo/#.Tos-U3Ef888) that the child's
      disappearance was especially concerning given the fact that the abduction was reported
      by both parents.
      "I realize that some of these Amber Alerts involve parents or parental
      abductions, but we have both the parents here. So that puts us on a little
      higher state of alert," police Sgt. Stacey Graves said.
      _http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/04/lisa-irwin-missing-baby-amber-aler
      t_n_994470.html?icid=maing-grid10%7Chtmlws-main-bb%7Cdl6%7Csec1_lnk3%7C10131
      4_
      (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/04/lisa-irwin-missing-baby-amber-alert_n_994470.html?icid=maing-grid10|htmlws-main-bb|dl6|sec1_lnk3|101314)