OnStar Reverses Decision to Change Terms and Conditions

  • G.E. INVESTIGATIONS
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 2011
      OnStar Reverses Decision to Change Terms and Conditions
      "says, Will continue to protect customer and vehicle data privacy"

      PrNewswire

      DETROIT, Sept. 27, 2011

      OnStar announced today it is reversing its proposed Terms and Conditions policy changes and will not keep a data connection to customers' vehicles after the OnStar service is canceled.

      OnStar recently sent e-mails to customers telling them that effective Dec. 1, their service would change so that data from a customer vehicle would continue to be transmitted to OnStar after service was canceled – unless the customer asked for it to be shut off.

      "We realize that our proposed amendments did not satisfy our subscribers," OnStar President Linda Marshall said.

      "This is why we are leaving the decision in our customers' hands. We listened, we responded and we hope to maintain the trust of our more than 6 million customers."

      If OnStar ever offers the option of a data connection after cancellation, it would only be when a customer opted-in, Marshall said.

      And then OnStar would honor customers' preferences about how data from that connection is treated.

      Maintaining the data connection would have allowed OnStar to provide former customers with urgent information about natural disasters and recalls affecting their vehicles even after canceling their service.
      It also would have helped in planning future services, Marshall said.

      "We regret any confusion or concern we may have caused," Marshall said.

      About OnStar:

      OnStar, a wholly owned subsidiary of General Motors, is the leading provider of connected safety and security solutions, value-added mobility services and advanced information technology. Currently available on more than 40 MY 2011 GM models, OnStar soon will be available for installation on most other vehicles already on the road through local electronics retailers, including Best Buy. The OnStar Mobile App is a recipient of the 2011 Edison Award for Best New Product in the Remote Driving Aids segment and OnStar Stolen Vehicle Slowdown is a recipient of the 2010 Edison Award for Best New Product in the Technology segment. OnStar safely connects its more than 6 million subscribers, in the U.S., Canada and China, in ways never thought possible.

      Direct link: http://finance.yahoo.com/news/OnStar-Reverses-Decision-to-prnews-3944655799.html?x=0&.v=1

      **** My opinion is that they cannot be trusted. I have already cancelled my service and requested it to be disconnected from the network. It has been almost two weeks and the power light is still on!

      MY SOLUTION: I went into the rear compartment of my vehicle, and UNPLUGGED the three (3) connectors to the OnStar box and that solved it for me!!!

      OnStar wanted $500.00 to remove it, my way was cheaper.

      The box is normally under the dashboard, or in the rear pocket compartments by the trunk or rear cargo area.

      Beware: Your cellular phone is also used to SPY on you by law enforcement & the government with proposed plans of mailing tickets for traffic infractions! Look for related stories..

      Professionally,

      G.E. Investigations, LLC
      www.GeInvestigations.com
      www.ExigentCircumstances.com
      www.OnTheJobPI.com
      866.347.7948 (866.3.ISPY.4U)
      602.266.4779 (602.266.ISPY)
      520.747.7948 (520.7.ISPY.4U)
      AIM / ICQ: DetectiveGE
      Yahoo: GeInvestigations
      NRA Certified Firearms Instructor
      NRA Certified RTBAV Instructor
      AZ# 1003249
      "Giving you... Just the Facts!"
      Semper Fidelis!
      "Assisting you in those times of EXIGENT CIRCUMSTANCESÂ…
      When Waiting Isn't an Option!"