ALERT -- New Scam . . . Phishing by cell phone

  • oracleintl@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 9, 2011
      I work nothing but financial scams - this is a completely new one to me.

      I just received a call on my cell advising me that my Suncoast Federal
      Credit Union debit card has been locked by the security department due to
      irregular usage. The call advised that if I had my card in my possession, and
      there were no problems, to reactivate by pressing one.

      That took me to another automated voice that wanted my card number and PIN.

      This was a VERY convincing call, but I do not have, nor have I ever had, a
      Suncoast Federal Credit Union debit card.

      Be cautious. This could easily fool anyone who might get a call
      ostensibly originating from a financial institution they do business with.

      Bill E. Branscum, Investigator
      Oracle International
      Naples, FL 34101
      (239) 304-1639 V