Re: [infoguys-list] Re: Group's Thoughts

  • BILL HEARN
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 14, 2011
      Rob...
                                              Brad is right... I'd run this guy though the Knot hole.... I mean a deep background
      check, finding other sources then the normal database info, or info given you by your client... Start at the Federal
      info and work to muni level of every place he has ever lived. You will find alot more then you think if you think outside the box... If this guy is a real deal, he will pan out, but if not I'd advice your client to walk away before its to late... One Lie leads to another.... not the lyric...  Just my TWO cents...

      Confidential Sources
      POB 407
      SOUTH PRAIRIE, WA. 98385
      253-862-3037 Voice
      consources@...
      Bill Hearn

      CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This communication constitutes an electronic
      communication within the meaning of the Electronic Communications Privacy
      Act, 18 USC 2510, and its disclosure is strictly limited to the recipient
      intended by the sender of this message. This communication may contain
      confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended
      recipient and receipt by anyone other than the intended recipient does not
      constitute a loss of the confidential or privileged nature of the
      communications. Any review or distribution by others is strictly
      prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient please contact the
      sender by return electronic mail and delete all copies of this
      communication. To reply to our email directly, send an email to:
      consources@... ... Thank you...

      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 14, 2011
        Hi Rob,

        Since our phone discussion, I thought I'd publish thoughts to the list.

        I have had several cases related to loan funding fraud; they typically
        work out to be some sort of advanced fee scheme.

        Basically, Joe Con offers to produce some sort of private placement
        venture capital and then explains to the borrower that the lender requires proof
        of personal funding since nobody lends a million dollars to a dead beat.

        Borrower is required to put up 10-35% to be deposited to an escrow account
        where it cannot be touched but, unbeknownst to borrower, there is no real
        escrow account or bona fide escrow agent.

        At some point, one way or another, your guy is going to be required to
        come "out of pocket" for some reason, but sometimes these things aren't a big
        hit . . . for example, when your guy and Joe Con meet for dinner, who
        pays? I have seen a couple of cases where the loan funding agent didn't do
        anything more than scam for relatively minor expenses.

        You can read about my cases with Ruth Liverpool and Jenifer (one "n")
        Hoffman on my web site under case studies. One is in jail and the other is on
        her way.

        Bill E. Branscum, Investigator
        Oracle International
        Naples, FL 34101
        (239) 304-1639 V
        (239) 641-6782 C

        In a message dated 8/13/2011 2:19:44 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
        rroneill@... writes:

        Greetings,

        Once again I'm turning to the group for ideas and opinions relative to a
        case. I apologize for the length.

        I have an attorney client that represents a startup company. The founder of
        the company has invented a technologically complicated "wigit." The "wigit"
        is in the prototype stage. The company is raising capital to put the
        "wigit" into production. I have been asked to background potential
        investors. One investor, who was referred to my client by a third party,
        claims to be interested in investing several million dollars. Finder's fees
        are involved. During the course of my initial inquiries several of what I
        would consider to be red flags have been raised. After informing my client
        of the same he replied that this investor just didn't "feel right" to him
        and that is why he brought me in.

        Obviously my client doesn't want to scare off the guy if his money is for
        real so I'm limited on how aggressively I can investigate.

        Now my problem is I just can't see the scam (if there is one). The stock
        transfers and finder's fee payments are only triggered after the money has
        been received.

        Money laundering?? Doesn't seem to fit the criteria. Stealing "wigit" info
        doesn't seem quite right either.

        I'm just looking for the group's thoughts on the matter.

        Thanks for your time and consideration!!

        Rob O'Neill

        Advanced Research Group, Inc.

        (630) 938-4716 Office

        (630) 768-6561 Mobile

        (630) 982-0692 Fax

        _rroneill@..._ (mailto:rroneill@...) Email

        Florida License A2900189

        Illinois License 117.001361

        Indiana License PI20900496

        Wisconsin License 16695-062

        CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
        This e-mail contains confidential information and is intended solely for
        the
        use of the individual named on this transmission. If you are not the
        intended recipient, you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing
        strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail
        please destroy this message immediately.