Re: Group's Thoughts

  • milgrp2001@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 14 7:53 AM
      In a message dated 8/14/2011 10:38:41 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
      infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com writes:

      Once again I'm turning to the group for ideas and opinions relative to a
      case.

      Rob:

      You state that theft of proprietary information is not a top concern at
      this point and perhaps you have other details that you did not include in
      your posting that lead you to this conclusion. However, if I were a
      competitor of your client or just an enterprising tech thief, I might consider
      sending in a ringer to pose as a venture capitalist who would then glean as much
      info about the miracle widget as he could ("Hey, I need to know exactly
      what it is I'm investing in.") BEFORE actually plunking down any serious
      cash. We have seen just this scam run before on promising start-up companies.
      Just one possible angle to consider.

      Regards,

      Brad Robinson, Senior Partner
      The Millennium Group
      120 S. Olive Ave., Suite 310
      West Palm Beach, FL 33401
      Tel. (561) 655-2001
      Fax: (561) 655-2010
      www.MillenniumGroup2001.com
      "Florida-based -- internationally connected"

    • BILL HEARN
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 14 9:51 AM
        Rob...
                                                Brad is right... I'd run this guy though the Knot hole.... I mean a deep background
        check, finding other sources then the normal database info, or info given you by your client... Start at the Federal
        info and work to muni level of every place he has ever lived. You will find alot more then you think if you think outside the box... If this guy is a real deal, he will pan out, but if not I'd advice your client to walk away before its to late... One Lie leads to another.... not the lyric...  Just my TWO cents...

        Confidential Sources
        POB 407
        SOUTH PRAIRIE, WA. 98385
        253-862-3037 Voice
        consources@...
        Bill Hearn

        CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This communication constitutes an electronic
        communication within the meaning of the Electronic Communications Privacy
        Act, 18 USC 2510, and its disclosure is strictly limited to the recipient
        intended by the sender of this message. This communication may contain
        confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended
        recipient and receipt by anyone other than the intended recipient does not
        constitute a loss of the confidential or privileged nature of the
        communications. Any review or distribution by others is strictly
        prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient please contact the
        sender by return electronic mail and delete all copies of this
        communication. To reply to our email directly, send an email to:
        consources@... ... Thank you...

      • oracleintl@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 14 1:11 PM
          Hi Rob,

          Since our phone discussion, I thought I'd publish thoughts to the list.

          I have had several cases related to loan funding fraud; they typically
          work out to be some sort of advanced fee scheme.

          Basically, Joe Con offers to produce some sort of private placement
          venture capital and then explains to the borrower that the lender requires proof
          of personal funding since nobody lends a million dollars to a dead beat.

          Borrower is required to put up 10-35% to be deposited to an escrow account
          where it cannot be touched but, unbeknownst to borrower, there is no real
          escrow account or bona fide escrow agent.

          At some point, one way or another, your guy is going to be required to
          come "out of pocket" for some reason, but sometimes these things aren't a big
          hit . . . for example, when your guy and Joe Con meet for dinner, who
          pays? I have seen a couple of cases where the loan funding agent didn't do
          anything more than scam for relatively minor expenses.

          You can read about my cases with Ruth Liverpool and Jenifer (one "n")
          Hoffman on my web site under case studies. One is in jail and the other is on
          her way.

          Bill E. Branscum, Investigator
          Oracle International
          Naples, FL 34101
          (239) 304-1639 V
          (239) 641-6782 C

          In a message dated 8/13/2011 2:19:44 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
          rroneill@... writes:

          Greetings,

          Once again I'm turning to the group for ideas and opinions relative to a
          case. I apologize for the length.

          I have an attorney client that represents a startup company. The founder of
          the company has invented a technologically complicated "wigit." The "wigit"
          is in the prototype stage. The company is raising capital to put the
          "wigit" into production. I have been asked to background potential
          investors. One investor, who was referred to my client by a third party,
          claims to be interested in investing several million dollars. Finder's fees
          are involved. During the course of my initial inquiries several of what I
          would consider to be red flags have been raised. After informing my client
          of the same he replied that this investor just didn't "feel right" to him
          and that is why he brought me in.

          Obviously my client doesn't want to scare off the guy if his money is for
          real so I'm limited on how aggressively I can investigate.

          Now my problem is I just can't see the scam (if there is one). The stock
          transfers and finder's fee payments are only triggered after the money has
          been received.

          Money laundering?? Doesn't seem to fit the criteria. Stealing "wigit" info
          doesn't seem quite right either.

          I'm just looking for the group's thoughts on the matter.

          Thanks for your time and consideration!!

          Rob O'Neill

          Advanced Research Group, Inc.

          (630) 938-4716 Office

          (630) 768-6561 Mobile

          (630) 982-0692 Fax

          _rroneill@..._ (mailto:rroneill@...) Email

          Florida License A2900189

          Illinois License 117.001361

          Indiana License PI20900496

          Wisconsin License 16695-062

          CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
          This e-mail contains confidential information and is intended solely for
          the
          use of the individual named on this transmission. If you are not the
          intended recipient, you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing
          strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail
          please destroy this message immediately.