Re: [infoguys-list] US Supreme Court to take GPS case

  • assoresearch@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 30, 2011
      You believe it is illegal in all states based on federal law or you believe
      it is illegal in AL?

      Thanks Gil

      Gil Whitlock
      www.associated-research.com

      In a message dated 6/30/2011 12:45:37 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
      Richard@... writes:

      "Should it rule that a warrant is necessary, then it is unlikely we can
      make our case before Congress for an exception for use of GPS tracking
      devices in conducting lawful investigations."

      Just for clarification, does this statement refer to all GPS
      surveillance activities including owner consent, or strictly the use of
      GPS without the consent of the owner of the vehicle (which I believe is
      illegal already)?

      Sincerely,

      Richard H. Maxwell
      Maxwell Services - Investigations & Process Services
      AL License #: 13340
      P.O. Box 204
      Toney, AL. 35773
      P: 256-714-8930
      F: 256-701-5156

      On 06/29/11 06:31 PM, Peter Psarouthakis wrote:
      > Should it rule that a warrant is necessary, then it is unlikely we
      > can make our case before Congress for an exception for use of GPS
      tracking
      > devices in conducting lawful investigations.

      <hr>Yahoo! Groups Links

      _ (http://www.associated-research.com/)