Re: [infoguys-list] Where did common sense go ???

    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 27, 2011
      Having gone in and out of Ben Gurion Airport more than a dozen times, not
      only do they ask all sorts of seemingly weird questions, they also hand
      search all carry-ons. The bomb-sniffing, drug-sniffing dogs are ever present
      as well and not one human enters or stands in line without being sniffed.

      Their border patrols up around the Golan Heights are very unique. It
      might seem antiquated but it works. There are two barbed wire fences about 25'
      apart. Between them are nothing but mine fields. On the Israeli side of
      the inner fence there is a path of sand about 5' wide. Every single
      morning at daybreak the uniformed and armed military (which consists of 16 and 17
      yr old boys & girls) patrol these areas on foot. They are led by a paid
      Nomad and the soldiers at the end of the patrol smooth out the now disturbed
      sand with push brooms actually pulled behind them.

      It seems that Nomads are excellent trackers and the sand is used to
      identify if anyone managed to catapult over the fences. A nomad can see
      disturbed sand, even if it has been windblown, and identify the mammal or rodent
      that disturbed it.

      It's eerie seeing a 16 yr old blonde female carrying an Uzi while dressed
      as a soldier. However, it works.

      Sue

      In a message dated 6/27/2011 8:56:26 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
      gregmartinez@... writes:

      The federal regime is completely out-of-control.

      Real security is the way the Israelis do it. They profile and question
      passengers. Real politically incorrect police officers, detectives, private
      investigators, and security professionals know how to find the enemy. But our
      political correct federal regime just won't abide such professionals doing
      their jobs. Hence we get old people in wheel chairs and little children
      groped and abused.

      My almost 80 year father had hip surgery not long ago and even had
      documentation on him to prove it and they still put him through the ringer. My
      mother told me she was afraid he was going to fall while they were putting him
      through this experience as he disrobed.

      "And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."
      [John 8:32 - KJV]

      ------------------------------
      Gregory A. Martinez
      Private Investigator
      NYS PI lD#: 11000157180

      http://web.me.com/gregmartinez/

      --------------------------

      On Jun 26, 2011, at 9:19 PM, baroski@... wrote:

      > Sue,
      >
      > Not long ago it was a young girl and her grandmother. The flip side of
      this is that the TSA avoids screening anyone in muslim garb to avoid the
      appearance of profiling.

      http://www.newsherald.com/reporter-profile/wendyvictora--floridafreedomnewspapers-1412 )

      > A woman has filed a complaint with federal authorities over how her
      elderly
      > mother was treated at Northwest Florida Regional Airport last weekend.
      > Jean Weber of Destin filed a complaint with the Department of Homeland
      > Security after her 95-year-old mother was detained and extensively
      searched
      > last Saturday while trying to board a plane to fly to Michigan to be
      with
      > family members during the final stages of her battle with leukemia.
      > Her mother, who was in a wheelchair, was asked to remove an adult diaper
      in
      > order to complete a pat-down search.
      > “It’s something I couldn’t imagine happening on American soil,” Weber
      > said Friday. “Here is my mother, 95 years old, 105 pounds, barely able
      > stand, and then this.”
      > Sari Koshetz, a spokeswoman for the Transportation Security
      Administration
      > in Miami, said she could not comment on specific cases to protect the
      > privacy of those involved.
      > “The TSA works with passengers to resolve any security alarms in a
      > respectful and sensitive manner,” she said.
      > Weber’s mother entered the airport’s security checkpoint in a
      wheelchair
      > because she was not stable enough to walk through, Weber said.
      > Wheelchairs trigger certain protocols, including pat-downs and possible
      > swabbing for explosives, Koshetz said.
      > “During any part of the process, if there is an alarm, then we have to
      > resolve that alarm,” she said.
      > Weber said she did not know whether her mother had triggered an alarm
      > during the 45 minutes they were detained.
      > She said her mother was first pulled aside into a glass-partitioned area
      > and patted down. Then she was taken to another room to protect her
      privacy
      > during a more extensive search, Weber said.
      > Weber said she sat outside the room during the search.
      > She said security personnel then came out and told her they would need
      for
      > her mother to remove her Depends diaper because it was soiled and was
      > impeding their search.
      > Weber wheeled her mother into a bathroom, removed her diaper and
      returned.
      > Her mother did not have another clean diaper with her, Weber said.
      > Weber said she wished there were less invasive search methods for an
      > elderly person who is unable to walk through security gates.
      > “I don’t understand why they have to put them through that kind of
      > procedure,” she said.
      > Koshetz said the procedures are the same for everyone to ensure national
      > security.
      > “TSA cannot exempt any group from screening because we know from
      > intelligence that there are terrorists out there that would then exploit
      that
      > vulnerability,” she said.
      > Weber filed a complaint through Northwest Florida Regional’s website.
      She