We Don't Need No Steenking Warrant!

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 13, 2011
      Before going any farther I will say that this did pass tonight at its third
      and final vote. I wish I had heard about this sooner. It appears there
      is only one official in that town with an IQ above 50 !!!!

      Trust me when I say that I have personally bypassed dozens of Knox Boxes
      through the years and there is no excuse for this 4th amendment violation
      into someone's property. In theory the idea is great but with so many
      larcenous people, yep even cops, fireman and city clerks, this is outrageous.

      We Don't Need No Steenking Warrant!

      Why no, we now have a city that is simply demanding the keys to all
      commercial property and many private residences be made available to them.
      No, I'm not kidding. Go watch the video and please, make your voice be
      heard. If it can happen there, it can happen in your neighborhood, too !!!!
      _http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=188025_
      (http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=188025)

      This is respect for the 4th Amendment?
      It seems to me that the citizens of Cedar Falls (Iowa) have a handful of
      legal responses to this:
      * "**** you." (Let them try to enforce it, which will lead to....)

      * Sue them under 42 USC 1983 (Deprivation of civil rights under color
      of law or authority) or....

      * Tell them to pound salt and move your business outside of city
      limits, depriving them of the tax revenue they would otherwise receive.
      That a plan such as mandatory Knox Boxes would even come under
      consideration in this country is an outrage. _You can tell them what you think of
      them through these links_ (http://www.cedarfalls.com/index.aspx?nid=66) :
      The local newsman who handled the coverage can be reached via -
      _jonathan.ericson@..._ (mailto:jonathan.ericson@...)
      Contact this idiot since this was his idea and make sure you let him know
      that patriotic Americans could care less what the INTERNATIONAL Fire Code
      suggests. We are the proud nation of the United States and fully realize
      that there is no such thing as a perfect world. No fire department in
      America should have the right to the keys of all apartments and businesses. If
      someone's house or business is on fire they could care less about having to
      replace the darn door.

      _John Schilling_ (mailto:john.schilling@...) Ph: (319)
      273-8622
      Fire Chief Fax: (319) 273-8663