Open Carry Ban Bill Passes California Assembly

    Message 1 of 1 , May 17 3:17 PM
      Folks -

      I will tell you right now that although I was armed with a CCW, many, many
      times I intentionally carried my weapon exposed. I used it as a deterrent
      and I am happy to say that it worked every time. The only times I ever got
      shot at or shot while working a case was when the darn gun was in the
      purse or in a shoulder holster concealed by my jacket.

      Open Carry Ban Bill Passes California Assembly and Goes to the Senate
      Public Safety Committee
      Contact members of the Senate Public Safety Committee TODAY to OPPOSE AB
      144!

      Unfortunately, the California Assembly sided with the anti-gun extremists
      and passed _Assembly Bill 144_
      (http://www.nramedia.org/t/83604/6924927/3113/0/) , the open carry ban bill, by a _45 to 29 vote_
      (http://www.nramedia.org/t/83604/6924927/4115/0/) . This bill now goes to the state Senate and
      will be assigned to the state Senate Public Safety Committee. Please call and
      e-mail members of the Senate Public Safety Committee and urge them not to
      fall for the rhetoric anti-gun extremists are touting about the open
      carrying of a firearm causing more violence. Contact information for members of
      the state Senate Public Safety can be found below.

      There are currently only six states that do not allow for the open
      carrying of a firearm. California is the ONLY state considering banning open
      carry. In fact, many states are considering legislation to loosen the
      restrictions on gun owners by allowing law-abiding citizens to carry a firearm
      without a permit.

      Do anti-gun activists really think that criminals will stop committing
      crimes if law-abiding citizens can no longer openly carry a firearm? Crimes are
      not being committed by law-abiding individuals who openly carry an
      unloaded firearm in California.

      Introduced by anti-gun Assemblyman Anthony Portantino (D-44), AB 144 would
      change the state’s gun laws and prohibit law-abiding citizens from
      carrying an unloaded handgun openly.

      Please forward this alert to your family, friends and fellow gun owners
      asking them to also call members of the Senate Public Safety Committee to
      OPPOSE AB 144.

      Help stop anti-gun activists from chipping away at our Second Amendment
      rights in California by calling and e-mailing the Senate Public Safety
      Committee TODAY.

      Senate Public Safety Committee – Oppose AB 144

      _Senator Loni Hancock_ (http://www.nramedia.org/t/83604/6924927/3104/0/)
      (D-9) Chairman
      (916) 651-4009one: (
      916) 651-4009hone: (916) 651-