Hotmail Logon History by IP

  • Boerger Investigative Services, LLC
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 20, 2011
      Dear List Members:

      Is it possible to determine the logon history for a Hotmail account to
      include IP address of where the logon was initiated? I have a client who
      feels his Hotmail account has been accessed with his logon and password.
      Please respond privately at dean@.... Thanking everyone in
      advance for their anticipated responses.

      Best regards,

      Dean Boerger

      Chief Investigator

      BOERGER INVESTIGATIVE SERVICES, LLC

      Toll-Free (877) 754-8295

      Web: BoergerPI.com

      Licensed in IN, OH, WV & DC

      Join the NRA! $10.00 Off = $25.00 for an Annual Membership

      http://www.strategictraining.org/#!resources

    • C.I.S. Lists
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 20, 2011
        Yeah Dean, but hotmail won't release it to him, even his own account,
        without a subpoena.
        We've been successful only a handful of times getting them to give it over
        to their own subscriber and that was by getting the client to write to
        postmaster@... security@... from the account in question and
        asking for his own account login IP history.
        If you want a sure thing though, get a subpoena for the Login IP history and
        User Profile Tool and run with it from there.

        Brian K. Ingram, B.S., Owner
        Consulting Investigation Services
        www.cispi.net
        www.itraceemail.com
        www.tx-eforensics.com
        Forensic Data Recovery; Email Tracing/Internet and eBusiness Investigations;
        Catastrophic Event Investigations; Major Case Criminal Defense.
        "Setting the New Standards in Private Investigation"
        Tx. License: A-08429
        P.O. Box 2097
        Waxahachie, Texas 75168
        Voice:972-937-3938
        Fax: 469-548-9224
        Member: American College of Forensic Examiners
        Intellenet

        _____

        On Behalf Of Boerger Investigative Services, LLC
        Sent: Wednesday, April 20, 2011 10:24 AM
        To: private-investigators-PInow@yahoogroups.com;
        infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com; NCISSNEWS@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: [infoguys-list] Hotmail Logon History by IP

        Please respond privately at dean@... <mailto:dean%40boergerpi.com>

      • assoresearch@aol.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 20, 2011
          I have seen suggestions made on list for colleagues to get a subpoena to
          acquire information from various sources. I do not understand how a PI can
          issue a subpoena. Do Pi's have subpoena power in some states out there?
          Just curious

          Thank you
          Gil

          Gil Whitlock
          _www.associated-research.com

          _ (http://www.associated-research.com/) _postmaster@..._
          (mailto:postmaster@...) (http://www.associated-research.com/)
          _security@..._ (mailto:security@...) _ from the account in question and

          From: _ (http://www.associated-research.com/)
          _infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com_ (mailto:infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com) _ [mailto:_
          (http://www.associated-research.com/) _infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com_
          On Behalf Of Boerger Investigative Services, LLC
          Sent: Wednesday, April 20, 2011 10:24 AM
          To: _ (http://www.associated-research.com/)
          _private-investigators-PInow@yahoogroups.com_ (mailto:private-investigators-PInow@yahoogroups.com) _;
          (http://www.associated-research.com/) _NCISSNEWS@yahoogroups.com_ (mailto:NCISSNEWS@yahoogroups.com) _

          Please respond privately at _ (http://www.associated-research.com/)
          _dean@..._ (mailto:dean@...) _ <mailto:dean%40boergerpi.com>
          . Thanking everyone in
          advance for their anticipated responses.

          Best regards,

          Dean Boerger

          Chief Investigator

          BOERGER INVESTIGATIVE SERVICES, LLC

          Toll-Free (877) 754-8295

          Web: BoergerPI.com

          Licensed in IN, OH, WV & DC

          Join the NRA! $10.00 Off = $25.00 for an Annual Membership

          _ (http://www.associated-research.com/)
          _http://www.strategictraining.org/#_ (http://www.strategictraining.org/#) _!resources

          _ (http://www.associated-research.com/)

        • Bob Hrodey
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 20, 2011
            assoresearch@..., wrote the following at or about 4/20/2011 10:57 AM:
            > I have seen suggestions made on list for colleagues to get a subpoena to
            > acquire information from various sources. I do not understand how a PI can
            > issue a subpoena. Do Pi's have subpoena power in some states out there?
            > Just curious

            Of course not. What Brian and others are referring to, Gil, is to have
            the attorney representing the client obtain a subpoena in conjunction
            with his PENDING/ACTIVE case.

            In most courts here in IL (YMMV) the attorneys in a case "have the pen"
            in that they have a supply of Subpoenas for trial, depositions, Duces
            Tecum (records), etc. (I even have a stock of them) already signed by
            the clerk of the court. They prepare them and issue them as needed and,
            per local court rules, copy the other side so everything is above board.

            "Get a subpoena" therefore, is just that. It's not "Issue a subpoena."

            --

            Enjoy,

            /Bob/
            Hrodey & Associates Established 1977
            NAPPS
            Woodstock, IL 60098-0366 NCISS, & P.A.W.L.I.
            Licensed in IL & WI (815) 337-4636 Voice
            337-4638 Fax
            email: inquiry@... <mailto:inquiry@...> or
            rth@... <mailto:rth@...>
            Illinois License 115-000783 Wisconsin 8045-063

          • DataFacts, Inc.
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 20, 2011
              Hi Bob,

              Client BALKED when I began to discuss costs...

              Best Wishes,

              Jim Gilboy

              DataFacts, Inc.
              Strategic Business Information Services
              P.O. Box 111
              Hales Corners, WI 53130
              Office: 414-529-8440
              Fax: 414-529-8441
              datafacts@...
              datafacts.info

              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 20, 2011
                DataFacts, Inc., wrote the following at or about 4/20/2011 11:53 AM:
                > Hi Bob,
                >
                > Client BALKED when I began to discuss costs...

                Typical! They all seem to think that somebody with a certificate from
                NAIS and Ralph Thomas will come to their home with $30k or more in
                equipment, spend an hour and charge them $150 with a guarantee that
                they'll be "safe" for the next two years.:-D

                These guys are really worth the money. When they do a vehicle, they
                want it quarantined in a secure space to cool down for 24 hours prior to
                their search. They'll come in and go over it physically, electronically
                and spectographically (?) (thermal scan) and then energize it and do
                another scan. It's really a very complex and specialized field.

                --

                Enjoy,

                /Bob/
                Hrodey & Associates Established 1977
                NAPPS
                Woodstock, IL 60098-0366 NCISS, & P.A.W.L.I.
                Licensed in IL & WI (815) 337-4636 Voice
                337-4638 Fax
                email: inquiry@... <mailto:inquiry@...> or
                rth@... <mailto:rth@...>
                Illinois License 115-000783 Wisconsin 8045-063

              • Gregory Martinez
                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 20, 2011
                  Since 2007 when I was working as an Investigator for the New York State Workers Comp. Bd, all its Compliance Investigators have had subpoena power for records aka Subpoena Duce Tecum. I could and did subpoena numerous records from 2007 to Jan. 2011 when I retired.

                  Some of you may recall my suggestion some weeks ago that I believe Private Investigators should be able to apply for and be licensed as law enforcement level Private Investigators. Those authorized PI's should then also be authorized to issue Subpoena D.T.'s. Naturally, they would have to keep records and document the case they worked on and the lawful reason why they subpoenaed certain records. Why should an attorney or court subpoena be required for someone to be able to access information on their own hotmail accounts. All the states would have to do is list the types of records a law-enforcement level PI would be authorized to subpoena. The states & Congress could & should do this.

                  "Hide me from the secret counsel of the wicked; from the insurrection of the workers of iniquity:"
                  [Psalms 64:2 - KJV]

                  ------------------------------
                  Gregory A. Martinez
                  Private Investigator
                  NYS PI lD#: 11000157180
                  Tel: 631.543.1909

                  http://web.me.com/gregmartinez/

                  Message 8 of 8 , Apr 21, 2011
                    Maybe so but lets not hold our breath. Makes too much sense...

                    Gil Whitlock
                    www.associated-research.com

                    _ (http://www.associated-research.com/) _http://web.me.com/gregmartinez/_

                    (mailto:inquiry@...) _ <mailto:_ (http://www.associated-research.com/)