Re: [infoguys-list] Re: Forrestville CA - the imbroglio - Rick

  • oracleintl@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 6, 2011
      I kinda like fuktard . . . I think I may have made that up myself.
      Kindly note that my reference was to childish name calling; I certainly did not
      my to imply or infer that a good bashing in any way attenuated the
      credibility of an otherwise viable argument.

      The underlying argument in this current imbroglio is interesting.

      It seems to me that the statute Sue quotes is very clear - not that we are
      expected to read and interpret statutes as a general rule, but this seems
      to require nothing more than a basic grip on the King's English.

      BPC ยง7534 says, in pertinent part, that licensees must have their license
      number on:

      "any business card, stationery, brochure, flyer, circular, newsletter, fax
      form, printed or published paid advertisement in any media form, or
      telephone book listing."

      These examples are carved in stone by definition within the statute, but
      that is not listed as being a comprehensive list, just specified examples in
      an effort to define communications that advertised or solicited business.

      The point to focus on is not the specified examples of solicitation, but
      the plain meaning of solicitation itself - not to mention the obvious, clear
      and undeniable intention of the statute, so let's start there.

      This statute serves to require that every licensee put their license
      number in any communication that serves as a solicitation - PERIOD. Whether or
      not any particular solicitous communication is specifically included in
      their examples is irrelevant.

      If a licensee hired a banner airplane to fly over with a banner offering
      his services, that banner better include his license number, and so it
      obviously and undeniably is with emails - you will note that they specifically
      included faxed solicitations.

      To the extent that the email is merely a communication, business oriented
      or not, no license number is required to be included, but if that email
      solicits business, it better be.

      Bill

      In a message dated 3/6/2011 3:38:15 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
      rmriinc@... writes:

      I agree to a point, Bill...

      But I have seen you call people a few names that I thought were quite
      hilarious. And even though you did, I never once took that to mean that you
      were unprofessional, not a good communicator, or not a highly intelligent man.
      As a matter of fact, often times I thought the names that you used may
      have even added to a better quality of communication when you were trying to
      make a point. And there is nobody in this business that I respect as a
      competent professional more than I do you despite how you may choose voice your
      opinion; because I think I have a pretty good estimation of your abilities
      based on reading your reports from your website, some of the topics that
      you have discussed and your knowledge of those topics, and some of the
      conversations that I have had with you.

      Personally, I have become quite fond of the name "Ass-Hat", and have taken
      to using it copiously when addressing MORONS!

      Ricky Gurley.

      Agency License Number: 2011001124
      Private Investigator License Number: 2011001072

      Direct Office Number: (573) 234-6876
      Office Phone: (573) 234-4647 Ext. 110
      Car Phone: (573) 529-0808
      Cell Phone: (573) 529-4476
      Toll Free Phone: (888) 571-0958
      Toll Free Fax: (877) 795-9800
      EMERGENCY LINE: (573) 234-4871

      RMRI, Inc. Websites
      (1) _http://www.rmriinc.com_ (http://www.rmriinc.com/)
      (2) _http://rmriinc.bestcyberinvestigator.com_
      (http://rmriinc.bestcyberinvestigator.com/)

      RMRI, Inc. Blog
      _http://www.rmriincblog.com_ (http://www.rmriincblog.com/)

      --- In _infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com_
      (mailto:infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com) , oracleintl@... wrote:

      > It isn't about who I happen to agree with - as we all know, I often
      > disagree with Sue.
      >
      > On the other hand, whether we agree or disagree, argue and debate, or
      > engage in vehement dispute, I'd be quite shocked to see Sue resort to
      calling
      > me (or anyone else) childish names.
      >
      > Communication, the ability to articulate an argument, to me able to make
      > compelling and credible case for one's position is the essence of this
      > business. Trash talk only serves to diminish whatever viability one's
      > position might otherwise have; all these glaring mistakes related to
      spelling,
      > grammar and syntax don't help much either.
      >

      > Bill
      >

      > In a message dated 3/6/2011 1:36:06 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
      > cwsellers@... writes:
      >
      > WOW, we are really reaching here Sue to be right! All printed material
      > business cards and stationary require State License cement. I will
      settle all
      > of this I will inquire from BSIS in CA and post the results. Dome times
      Sue
      > you take thing yo far off base. Are you for the betterment of the
      industry
      > or for cutting corners. Maybe Chris Butler has a job for you on his
      team.

      > When in doubt, I always go to the HOSES mouth instead of listening ti an
      > ASS!
      >
      > I will report back
      >
      > C. W. Sellers

    • RickyG
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 6, 2011
        --- In infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com, oracleintl@... wrote:

        > I kinda like fuktard . . . I think I may have made that up myself.
        > Kindly note that my reference was to childish name calling; I certainly did not
        > my to imply or infer that a good bashing in any way attenuated the
        > credibility of an otherwise viable argument.

        Now I don't think I should feel too bad about calling moronic people "Ass-Hats"! LOL.