Re: [infoguys-list] Re: Forrestville CA

  • CW Sellers
    Message 1 of 28 , Mar 6 12:31 PM
      I'm impressed!

      C. W. Sellers
      Owner/Managing Investigator

      The Sellers Investigative Group
      www.tsigusa.com

      CA. Lic. 25415
      (209) 568-8744 Field Direct
      (209) 523-5350 Field Fax

      This message was sent from the field on my iPhone, please excuse all "fat finger" touch pad typos.

      On Mar 6, 2011, at 12:08 PM, suesarkis@... wrote:

> [...]
      > (209) 523-5350 Field Fax
      >
      > This message was sent from the field on my iPhone, please excuse all "fat
      > finger" touch pad typos.
      >
      > On Mar 6, 2011, at 9:14 AM, _suesarkis@..._ (mailto:suesarkis@...)
      > wrote:
      >

      > > Rick and all,
      > >
      > > No, I don't believe it is semantics at all.
      > >
      > > If I am sending a report to an attorney client, my letterhead does not
      > need
      > > to have my license number on it. But, if I am sending a bunch of
      > > self-introductory letters to a number of attorneys trying to solicit
      > business, it
      > > does need to be present.
      > >
      > > If I'm at a social/business meeting (mixer) with a bunch of attorneys
      > and
      > > an attorney that has known me for years says, "Sue, give me your number
      > > 'cause I need to discuss something with you" and I hand them a business
      > card,
      > > it does not need to have my license number on it. However, if I attend
      > the
      > > same meeting and I'm handing out business cards to every attorney I see,
      > it
      > > must have my license number on it.
      > >
      > > Am I going to have two (2) sets of stationery and business cards? Of
      > > course not. So, needless to say, all of my stationery and business cards
      > have
      > > my license number on them.
      > >
      > > If I'm passing out flyers on behalf of a family regarding a "missing
      > > person" and my contact information is on the flyer, I do not need to
      > have my
      > > license number as I am not soliciting business nor am I advertising.
      > However,
      > > you best believe my license number will be there because: 1) I want the
      > > public to realize the legitimacy of the flyer; and, 2) I sure as heck
      > hope
      > > people will take note and call me if ever in need (subliminal
      > advertising).
      > >
      > > As the code says, "Every advertisement by a licensee soliciting or
      > > advertising business...".
      > >
      > > This listserv group does not mandate including a license number contrary
      > > what was previously alleged. However, depending upon the intent of a
      > > post, sometimes I include the information and other times I don't.
      > >
      > > Sincerely,
      > > Sue
      > >

      > > In a message dated 3/6/2011 8:52:28 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
      > > _rmriinc@..._ (mailto:rmriinc@...) writes:
      > >
      > > Okay Sue; but don't you think that in this particular case that is
      > > semantics?
      > >
      > > Ricky Gurley.
      > >
      > > --
      > > Risk Management Research & Investments, Inc. & Thoth Data Systems
      > > Agency License Number: 2011001124
      > > Private Investigator License Number: 2011001072
      > >
      > > Mailing Address: 2101 W. Broadway PMB 326, Columbia, MO. 65203
      > > Office Address: 1 E. Broadway Suite Z, Columbia, MO. 65203

    • Jesse Watson
      Message 2 of 28 , Mar 6 12:36 PM
        I really would like to see a statute from any state that stipulates that our
        emails to a list-serv that is not an advertising service must contain our
        license numbers.

        Any relevant case law would be nice too.

        Jesse Watson

        Risk Management Research and Investments, Inc.

        Missouri PI License Number: 2011001785

        Phone: 417-664-1789

        email: angryangel@...

        Message 3 of 28 , Mar 6 12:38 PM
          I agree to a point, Bill...

          But I have seen you call people a few names that I thought were quite hilarious. And even though you did, I never once took that to mean that you were unprofessional, not a good communicator, or not a highly intelligent man. As a matter of fact, often times I thought the names that you used may have even added to a better quality of communication when you were trying to make a point. And there is nobody in this business that I respect as a competent professional more than I do you despite how you may choose voice your opinion; because I think I have a pretty good estimation of your abilities based on reading your reports from your website, some of the topics that you have discussed and your knowledge of those topics, and some of the conversations that I have had with you.

          Personally, I have become quite fond of the name "Ass-Hat", and have taken to using it copiously when addressing MORONS!

          Ricky Gurley.

          Agency License Number: 2011001124
          Private Investigator License Number: 2011001072

          Direct Office Number: (573) 234-6876
          Office Phone: (573) 234-4647 Ext. 110
          Car Phone: (573) 529-0808
          Cell Phone: (573) 529-4476
          Toll Free Phone: (888) 571-0958
          Toll Free Fax: (877) 795-9800
          EMERGENCY LINE: (573) 234-4871

          RMRI, Inc. Websites
          (1) http://www.rmriinc.com

          RMRI, Inc. Blog
          http://www.rmriincblog.com

          --- In infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com, oracleintl@... wrote:

          > It isn't about who I happen to agree with - as we all know, I often
          > disagree with Sue.
          >
          > On the other hand, whether we agree or disagree, argue and debate, or
          > engage in vehement dispute, I'd be quite shocked to see Sue resort to calling
          > me (or anyone else) childish names.
          >
          > Communication, the ability to articulate an argument, to me able to make a
          > compelling and credible case for one's position is the essence of this
          > business. Trash talk only serves to diminish whatever viability one's
          > position might otherwise have; all these glaring mistakes related to spelling,
          > grammar and syntax don't help much either.
          >

          > Bill
          >

          > In a message dated 3/6/2011 1:36:06 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
          > cwsellers@... writes:
          >
          > WOW, we are really reaching here Sue to be right! All printed material
          > business cards and stationary require State License cement. I will settle all
          > of this I will inquire from BSIS in CA and post the results. Dome times Sue
          > you take thing yo far off base. Are you for the betterment of the industry
          > or for cutting corners. Maybe Chris Butler has a job for you on his team.
          >
          > When in doubt, I always go to the HOSES mouth instead of listening ti an
          > ASS!
          >
          > I will report back
          >
          > C. W. Sellers

        • CW Sellers
          Message 4 of 28 , Mar 6 12:41 PM
            Thanks Bill for your words of wisdom. There was no trash talk intended in any of my communication just the calling of a spade a spade. As for the "glaring" mistakes in spelling connected to grammar and syntax guess you don't own an iPhone, it's always trying to think for you and changes spelling at will. Really gota check things before hitting the send button.

            Oh, by the way, thanks for shifting the spotlight off issue.

            Message 5 of 28 , Mar 6 12:43 PM
              I cannot imagine any State having such a law. I don't think anyone could
              provide it and, if they could, I would sure as heck like to read it. Did
              someone imply that such a law exists?

              Sue

              email: _angryangel@..._ (mailto:angryangel@...)

              From: _infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com_

            • oracleintl@aol.com
              Message 6 of 28 , Mar 6 12:47 PM
                Oh yes indeed, I do own an Iphone and that explains a LOT! That damn
                thing is forever screwing me up.

                Always a pleasure to segue into off-topic Diversionville.

                Bill