Re: Forrestville CA

  • RickyG
    Message 1 of 28 , Mar 6, 2011
      Sue,

      Let me restate my question, with particular emphasis on an important part of the question please.

      "Okay Sue; but don't you think that IN THIS PARTICULAR CASE that is semantics?"

      In other words, IN THIS CASE the substance of what Mr. Sellers stated to Mr. Santos was correct. Yes?

      I am just wondering why or how your post made any difference in this thread? I mean it appears that you and Mr. Sellers are in complete agreement as far as this thread goes....

      Ricky Gurley.

      Agency License Number: 2011001124
      Private Investigator License Number: 2011001072

      Direct Office Number: (573) 234-6876
      Office Phone: (573) 234-4647 Ext. 110
      Car Phone: (573) 529-0808
      Cell Phone: (573) 529-4476
      Toll Free Phone: (888) 571-0958
      Toll Free Fax: (877) 795-9800
      EMERGENCY LINE: (573) 234-4871

      RMRI, Inc. Websites
      (1) http://www.rmriinc.com

      RMRI, Inc. Blog
      http://www.rmriincblog.com

      > Rick and all,
      >
      > No, I don't believe it is semantics at all.
      >
      > If I am sending a report to an attorney client, my letterhead does not need
      > to have my license number on it. But, if I am sending a bunch of
      > self-introductory letters to a number of attorneys trying to solicit business, it
      > does need to be present.
      >
      > If I'm at a social/business meeting (mixer) with a bunch of attorneys and
      > an attorney that has known me for years says, "Sue, give me your number
      > 'cause I need to discuss something with you" and I hand them a business card,
      > it does not need to have my license number on it. However, if I attend the
      > same meeting and I'm handing out business cards to every attorney I see, it
      > must have my license number on it.
      >
      > Am I going to have two (2) sets of stationery and business cards? Of
      > course not. So, needless to say, all of my stationery and business cards have
      > my license number on them.
      >
      > If I'm passing out flyers on behalf of a family regarding a "missing
      > person" and my contact information is on the flyer, I do not need to have my
      > license number as I am not soliciting business nor am I advertising. However,
      > you best believe my license number will be there because: 1) I want the
      > public to realize the legitimacy of the flyer; and, 2) I sure as heck hope
      > people will take note and call me if ever in need (subliminal advertising).
      >
      > As the code says, "Every advertisement by a licensee soliciting or
      > advertising business...".
      >
      > This listserv group does not mandate including a license number contrary to
      > what was previously alleged. However, depending upon the intent of a
      > post, sometimes I include the information and other times I don't.
      >
      > Sincerely,
      > Sue
      >

      > In a message dated 3/6/2011 8:52:28 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
      > rmriinc@... writes:
      >

      > Okay Sue; but don't you think that in this particular case that is
      > semantics?
      >
      > Ricky Gurley.
      >
      > --
      > Risk Management Research & Investments, Inc. & Thoth Data Systems
      > Agency License Number: 2011001124
      > Private Investigator License Number: 2011001072
      >
      > Mailing Address: 2101 W. Broadway PMB 326, Columbia, MO. 65203
      > Office Address: 1 E. Broadway Suite Z, Columbia, MO. 65203

    • CW Sellers
      Message 2 of 28 , Mar 6, 2011
        WOW, we are really reaching here Sue to be right! All printed material business cards and stationary require State License cement. I will settle all of this I will inquire from BSIS in CA and post the results. Dome times Sue you take thing yo far off base. Are you for the betterment of the industry or for cutting corners. Maybe Chris Butler has a job for you on his team.

        When in doubt, I always go to the HOSES mouth instead of listening ti an ASS!

        I will report back

        C. W. Sellers
        Owner/Managing Investigator

        The Sellers Investigative Group
        www.tsigusa.com

        CA. Lic. 25415
        (209) 568-8744 Field Direct
        (209) 523-5350 Field Fax

        This message was sent from the field on my iPhone, please excuse all "fat finger" touch pad typos.

        Message 3 of 28 , Mar 6, 2011
          Boy are we back peddling now!

          Message 4 of 28 , Mar 6, 2011
            CW -

            Unless you speak to legal counsel for BSIS, I don't care what some clerk
            tells you.

            I have testified FOR THE STATE on this very same issue many years ago and
            the judge found against the licensee. Although his was a blatant
            violation, the written decision clearly stated that if he was just report writing
            the letterhead could be "naked" as it was referred to. However, since the
            letters were all solicitous, he was in violation.

            It's what their lawyers and the ALJs say that matters.

            Sue

          • oracleintl@aol.com
            Message 5 of 28 , Mar 6, 2011
              It isn't about who I happen to agree with - as we all know, I often
              disagree with Sue.

              On the other hand, whether we agree or disagree, argue and debate, or
              engage in vehement dispute, I'd be quite shocked to see Sue resort to calling
              me (or anyone else) childish names.

              Communication, the ability to articulate an argument, to me able to make a
              compelling and credible case for one's position is the essence of this
              business. Trash talk only serves to diminish whatever viability one's
              position might otherwise have; all these glaring mistakes related to spelling,
              grammar and syntax don't help much either.

              Bill

              Message 6 of 28 , Mar 6, 2011
                I'm impressed!

                On Mar 6, 2011, at 12:08 PM, suesarkis@... wrote:

> [...]
                > > advertising business...".
                > >
                > > This listserv group does not mandate including a license number contrary
                > > what was previously alleged. However, depending upon the intent of a
                > > post, sometimes I include the information and other times I don't.
                > >
                > > Sincerely,
                > > Sue
                > >

                > > In a message dated 3/6/2011 8:52:28 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
                > > _rmriinc@..._ (mailto:rmriinc@...) writes:
                > >
                > > Okay Sue; but don't you think that in this particular case that is
                > > semantics?
                > >
                > > Ricky Gurley.
                > >
                > > --
                > > Risk Management Research & Investments, Inc. & Thoth Data Systems
                > > Agency License Number: 2011001124
                > > Private Investigator License Number: 2011001072
                > >
                > > Mailing Address: 2101 W. Broadway PMB 326, Columbia, MO. 65203
                > > Office Address: 1 E. Broadway Suite Z, Columbia, MO. 65203

              • Jesse Watson
                Message 7 of 28 , Mar 6, 2011
                  I really would like to see a statute from any state that stipulates that our
                  emails to a list-serv that is not an advertising service must contain our
                  license numbers.

                  Any relevant case law would be nice too.

                  Message 8 of 28 , Mar 6, 2011
                    I agree to a point, Bill...

                    But I have seen you call people a few names that I thought were quite hilarious. And even though you did, I never once took that to mean that you were unprofessional, not a good communicator, or not a highly intelligent man. As a matter of fact, often times I thought the names that you used may have even added to a better quality of communication when you were trying to make a point. And there is nobody in this business that I respect as a competent professional more than I do you despite how you may choose voice your opinion; because I think I have a pretty good estimation of your abilities based on reading your reports from your website, some of the topics that you have discussed and your knowledge of those topics, and some of the conversations that I have had with you.

                    Personally, I have become quite fond of the name "Ass-Hat", and have taken to using it copiously when addressing MORONS!

                    --- In infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com, oracleintl@... wrote:

                    > It isn't about who I happen to agree with - as we all know, I often
                    > disagree with Sue.
                    >
                    > On the other hand, whether we agree or disagree, argue and debate, or
                    > engage in vehement dispute, I'd be quite shocked to see Sue resort to calling
                    > me (or anyone else) childish names.
                    >
                    > Communication, the ability to articulate an argument, to me able to make a
                    > compelling and credible case for one's position is the essence of this
                    > business. Trash talk only serves to diminish whatever viability one's
                    > position might otherwise have; all these glaring mistakes related to spelling,
                    > grammar and syntax don't help much either.
                    >

                    > Bill
                    >

                    > In a message dated 3/6/2011 1:36:06 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
                    > cwsellers@... writes:
                    >
                    > WOW, we are really reaching here Sue to be right! All printed material
                    > business cards and stationary require State License cement. I will settle all
                    > of this I will inquire from BSIS in CA and post the results. Dome times Sue
                    > you take thing yo far off base. Are you for the betterment of the industry
                    > or for cutting corners. Maybe Chris Butler has a job for you on his team.
                    >
                    > When in doubt, I always go to the HOSES mouth instead of listening ti an
                    > ASS!
                    >
                    > I will report back
                    >
                    > C. W. Sellers

                  • CW Sellers
                    Message 9 of 28 , Mar 6, 2011
                      Thanks Bill for your words of wisdom. There was no trash talk intended in any of my communication just the calling of a spade a spade. As for the "glaring" mistakes in spelling connected to grammar and syntax guess you don't own an iPhone, it's always trying to think for you and changes spelling at will. Really gota check things before hitting the send button.

                      Oh, by the way, thanks for shifting the spotlight off issue.

                      Message 10 of 28 , Mar 6, 2011
                        I cannot imagine any State having such a law. I don't think anyone could
                        provide it and, if they could, I would sure as heck like to read it. Did
                        someone imply that such a law exists?

                        Sue

                        Message 11 of 28 , Mar 6, 2011
                          Oh yes indeed, I do own an Iphone and that explains a LOT! That damn
                          thing is forever screwing me up.

                          Always a pleasure to segue into off-topic Diversionville.

                          Bill