Re: Forrestville CA

  • RickyG
    Message 1 of 28 , Mar 6, 2011
      Okay Sue; but don't you think that in this particular case that is semantics?

      Ricky Gurley.

      Agency License Number: 2011001124
      Private Investigator License Number: 2011001072

      Direct Office Number: (573) 234-6876
      Office Phone: (573) 234-4647 Ext. 110
      Car Phone: (573) 529-0808
      Cell Phone: (573) 529-4476
      Toll Free Phone: (888) 571-0958
      Toll Free Fax: (877) 795-9800
      EMERGENCY LINE: (573) 234-4871

      RMRI, Inc. Websites
      (1) http://www.rmriinc.com

      RMRI, Inc. Blog
      http://www.rmriincblog.com

> [...]
      >
      > --
      > Risk Management Research & Investments, Inc. & Thoth Data Systems
      > Agency License Number: 2011001124
      > Private Investigator License Number: 2011001072
      >
      > Mailing Address: 2101 W. Broadway PMB 326, Columbia, MO. 65203
      > Office Address: 1 E. Broadway Suite Z, Columbia, MO. 65203
      >
      > Direct Office Number: (573) 234-6876
      > Office Phone: (573) 234-4647 Ext. 110
      > Car Phone: (573) 529-0808
      > Cell Phone: (573) 529-4476
      > Toll Free Phone: (888) 571-0958
      > Toll Free Fax: (877) 795-9800
      > EMERGENCY LINE: (573) 234-4871
      >
      > RMRI, Inc. Websites
      > (1) _http://www.rmriinc.com_ (http://www.rmriinc.com/)
      > (2) _http://rmriinc.bestcyberinvestigator.com_
      > (http://rmriinc.bestcyberinvestigator.com/)
      >
      > RMRI, Inc. Blog
      > _http://www.rmriincblog.com_ (http://www.rmriincblog.com/)
      >
      > Ricky Gurley.
      >
      > .--- In _infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com_
      > (mailto:infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com) , suesarkis@ wrote:
      > >

      > > Mr. Watson:
      > >
      > > Since no one else answered your inquiry, I will. As I said, CA licensees
      >
      > > do not need to post their license number every time they are engaged in
      > > conducting business but we sure as heck must when advertising or
      > soliciting
      > > business. The code you asked for is:
      > >
      > > BPC §7534. Every advertisement by a licensee soliciting or advertising
      > > business shall contain his or her business name, business address or
      > > telephone number, and license number as they appear in the records of
      > the bureau.
      > > For the purposes of this section, "advertisement" shall include any
      > > business card, stationery, brochure, flyer, circular, newsletter, fax
      > form,
      > > printed or published paid advertisement in any media form, or telephone
      > book
      > > listing. Every advertisement by a licensee soliciting or advertising
      > their
      > > business shall contain his or her business name, business address or
      > telephone
      > > number, and license number, as they appear in the records of the bureau.
      > >

      > > In a message dated 3/5/2011 7:56:10 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
      > > angryangel@ writes:
      > >

      > > Posting your license number is a FORUM rule and not an omnipotent global
      > > law that governs us all…CW check your state laws for that
      > specification.
      > >
      > > In Missouri I am only required to post my License in a â€Å"conspicuous
      > > location in my place of business”, but if the forum requires it then
      > the
      > > moderators
      > >
      > > Have the option to block a post that is absent this information.
      > >
      > > Once again, unless your state requires it you DO NOT have to post your
      > > license number in a non-soliciting email.
      > >
      > > Before the flames start please include the statute you are quoting.
      > >
      > > Jesse Watson
      > >
      > > Risk Management Research and Investments, Inc.

    • Bob Hrodey
      Message 2 of 28 , Mar 6, 2011
        On 3/6/2011 10:52 AM, RickyG wrote:
        > Okay Sue; but don't you think that in this particular case that is semantics?

        I know that I do. Advertising is a part of doing business, as is
        soliciting, as is interviewing, as is sending out a bill, as is...

        Just post the damn number and be done with it. What does it cost you to
        err on the side of caution? Better yet, what does it cost you if you
        fail to post it/include it when required and you find some bureaucrat
        who actually is awake and moving and needs some easy numbers so that
        he/she can go back to playing Solitaire on his/her computer for the
        balance of the pay period?

        --
        Enjoy,

        /Bob/
        Hrodey & Associates Established 1977
        NAPPS
        Woodstock, IL 60098-0366 NCISS, & P.A.W.L.I.
        Licensed in IL & WI (815) 337-4636 Voice
        337-4638 Fax
        email: inquiry@... or rth@...
        Illinois License 115-000783 Wisconsin 8045-063

        Message 3 of 28 , Mar 6, 2011
          Rick and all,

          No, I don't believe it is semantics at all.

          If I am sending a report to an attorney client, my letterhead does not need
          to have my license number on it. But, if I am sending a bunch of
          self-introductory letters to a number of attorneys trying to solicit business, it
          does need to be present.

          If I'm at a social/business meeting (mixer) with a bunch of attorneys and
          an attorney that has known me for years says, "Sue, give me your number
          'cause I need to discuss something with you" and I hand them a business card,
          it does not need to have my license number on it. However, if I attend the
          same meeting and I'm handing out business cards to every attorney I see, it
          must have my license number on it.

          Am I going to have two (2) sets of stationery and business cards? Of
          course not. So, needless to say, all of my stationery and business cards have
          my license number on them.

          If I'm passing out flyers on behalf of a family regarding a "missing
          person" and my contact information is on the flyer, I do not need to have my
          license number as I am not soliciting business nor am I advertising. However,
          you best believe my license number will be there because: 1) I want the
          public to realize the legitimacy of the flyer; and, 2) I sure as heck hope
          people will take note and call me if ever in need (subliminal advertising).

          As the code says, "Every advertisement by a licensee soliciting or
          advertising business...".

          This listserv group does not mandate including a license number contrary to
          what was previously alleged. However, depending upon the intent of a
          post, sometimes I include the information and other times I don't.

          Sincerely,
          Sue

          Message 4 of 28 , Mar 6, 2011
            Sue,

            Let me restate my question, with particular emphasis on an important part of the question please.

            "Okay Sue; but don't you think that IN THIS PARTICULAR CASE that is semantics?"

            In other words, IN THIS CASE the substance of what Mr. Sellers stated to Mr. Santos was correct. Yes?

            I am just wondering why or how your post made any difference in this thread? I mean it appears that you and Mr. Sellers are in complete agreement as far as this thread goes....

          • CW Sellers
            Message 5 of 28 , Mar 6, 2011
              WOW, we are really reaching here Sue to be right! All printed material business cards and stationary require State License cement. I will settle all of this I will inquire from BSIS in CA and post the results. Dome times Sue you take thing yo far off base. Are you for the betterment of the industry or for cutting corners. Maybe Chris Butler has a job for you on his team.

              When in doubt, I always go to the HOSES mouth instead of listening ti an ASS!

              I will report back

              Message 6 of 28 , Mar 6, 2011
                Boy are we back peddling now!

                Message 7 of 28 , Mar 6, 2011
                  CW -

                  Unless you speak to legal counsel for BSIS, I don't care what some clerk
                  tells you.

                  I have testified FOR THE STATE on this very same issue many years ago and
                  the judge found against the licensee. Although his was a blatant
                  violation, the written decision clearly stated that if he was just report writing
                  the letterhead could be "naked" as it was referred to. However, since the
                  letters were all solicitous, he was in violation.

                  It's what their lawyers and the ALJs say that matters.

                  Sue

                • oracleintl@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 28 , Mar 6, 2011
                    It isn't about who I happen to agree with - as we all know, I often
                    disagree with Sue.

                    On the other hand, whether we agree or disagree, argue and debate, or
                    engage in vehement dispute, I'd be quite shocked to see Sue resort to calling
                    me (or anyone else) childish names.

                    Communication, the ability to articulate an argument, to me able to make a
                    compelling and credible case for one's position is the essence of this
                    business. Trash talk only serves to diminish whatever viability one's
                    position might otherwise have; all these glaring mistakes related to spelling,
                    grammar and syntax don't help much either.

                    Bill

                    Message 9 of 28 , Mar 6, 2011
                      I'm impressed!

                      On Mar 6, 2011, at 12:08 PM, suesarkis@... wrote:

> [...]
                      > > advertising business...".
                      > >
                      > > This listserv group does not mandate including a license number contrary
                      > > what was previously alleged. However, depending upon the intent of a
                      > > post, sometimes I include the information and other times I don't.
                      > >
                      > > Sincerely,
                      > > Sue
                      > >

                      > > In a message dated 3/6/2011 8:52:28 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
                      > > _rmriinc@..._ (mailto:rmriinc@...) writes:
                      > >
                      > > Okay Sue; but don't you think that in this particular case that is
                      > > semantics?
                      > >
                      > > Ricky Gurley.
                      > >
                      > > --
                      > > Risk Management Research & Investments, Inc. & Thoth Data Systems
                      > > Agency License Number: 2011001124
                      > > Private Investigator License Number: 2011001072
                      > >
                      > > Mailing Address: 2101 W. Broadway PMB 326, Columbia, MO. 65203
                      > > Office Address: 1 E. Broadway Suite Z, Columbia, MO. 65203

                    • Jesse Watson
                      Message 10 of 28 , Mar 6, 2011
                        I really would like to see a statute from any state that stipulates that our
                        emails to a list-serv that is not an advertising service must contain our
                        license numbers.

                        Any relevant case law would be nice too.

                        Message 11 of 28 , Mar 6, 2011
                          I agree to a point, Bill...

                          But I have seen you call people a few names that I thought were quite hilarious. And even though you did, I never once took that to mean that you were unprofessional, not a good communicator, or not a highly intelligent man. As a matter of fact, often times I thought the names that you used may have even added to a better quality of communication when you were trying to make a point. And there is nobody in this business that I respect as a competent professional more than I do you despite how you may choose voice your opinion; because I think I have a pretty good estimation of your abilities based on reading your reports from your website, some of the topics that you have discussed and your knowledge of those topics, and some of the conversations that I have had with you.

                          Personally, I have become quite fond of the name "Ass-Hat", and have taken to using it copiously when addressing MORONS!

                          --- In infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com, oracleintl@... wrote:

                          > It isn't about who I happen to agree with - as we all know, I often
                          > disagree with Sue.
                          >
                          > On the other hand, whether we agree or disagree, argue and debate, or
                          > engage in vehement dispute, I'd be quite shocked to see Sue resort to calling
                          > me (or anyone else) childish names.
                          >
                          > Communication, the ability to articulate an argument, to me able to make a
                          > compelling and credible case for one's position is the essence of this
                          > business. Trash talk only serves to diminish whatever viability one's
                          > position might otherwise have; all these glaring mistakes related to spelling,
                          > grammar and syntax don't help much either.
                          >

                          > Bill
                          >

                          > In a message dated 3/6/2011 1:36:06 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
                          > cwsellers@... writes:
                          >
                          > WOW, we are really reaching here Sue to be right! All printed material
                          > business cards and stationary require State License cement. I will settle all
                          > of this I will inquire from BSIS in CA and post the results. Dome times Sue
                          > you take thing yo far off base. Are you for the betterment of the industry
                          > or for cutting corners. Maybe Chris Butler has a job for you on his team.
                          >
                          > When in doubt, I always go to the HOSES mouth instead of listening ti an
                          > ASS!
                          >
                          > I will report back
                          >
                          > C. W. Sellers

                        • CW Sellers
                          Message 12 of 28 , Mar 6, 2011
                            Thanks Bill for your words of wisdom. There was no trash talk intended in any of my communication just the calling of a spade a spade. As for the "glaring" mistakes in spelling connected to grammar and syntax guess you don't own an iPhone, it's always trying to think for you and changes spelling at will. Really gota check things before hitting the send button.

                            Oh, by the way, thanks for shifting the spotlight off issue.

                            Message 13 of 28 , Mar 6, 2011
                              I cannot imagine any State having such a law. I don't think anyone could
                              provide it and, if they could, I would sure as heck like to read it. Did
                              someone imply that such a law exists?

                              Sue

                              Message 14 of 28 , Mar 6, 2011
                                Oh yes indeed, I do own an Iphone and that explains a LOT! That damn
                                thing is forever screwing me up.

                                Always a pleasure to segue into off-topic Diversionville.

                                Bill