Re: [infoguys-list] Legality Of Cell Phone Software

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 27, 2011
      Ron -

      I don't agree as this is not a wiretap. What this is, however, is an
      electronic tracking device, a misdemeanor here in CA pursuant to PEN §637.7.
      However, the code clearly states that if an electronic tracking device is
      used by a PI, that it is grounds for license revocation.

      Sincerely,
      Sue Sarkis

      In a message dated 2/27/2011 12:19:05 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
      rharris90@... writes:

      This is a link to a msnbc.com story about tracking cheating spouses with ce
      ll phone software. I'm a bit wary of the legality of it as it possibly
      being construed as wiretapping. Anyone care to comment on this?

      _http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41785679/ns/technology_and_science-security/_
      (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41785679/ns/technology_and_science-security/)

      Ron Harris SCH# 581
      Ameritex Legal Support