Re: [infoguys-list] Question into the difference between - Alias, Pluries, Se...

  • oracleintl@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 3, 2011
      I must be missing something here.

      Insofar as I am aware, you don't need to "re-serve" someone an amended
      complaint. In every area that I have been involved in a case (I suppose some
      states may have a different system) you simply amend the complaint and file
      it, with copies to the parties. The other side was properly noticed as
      evidenced by effective service that the case is underway - that's all service
      is for.

      Now, it would be different if the Complaint was amended to add a new
      party. In that case, you would have to serve them but it would not be a
      "re-serve."

      As far as the Alias and Pluries Summons, it is my understanding that they
      follow an unsuccessful initial attempt at service. The Alias Summons is
      for effort number two, and all subsequent efforts are by Pluries Summons.

      Maybe I'm just all confused . . . if I'm all wrong in this that must be
      it as it is way too early for me to be drunk, and way too late for me to
      still be drunk from last night.

      ; )

      Bill

      In a message dated 2/3/2011 11:21:52 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
      cispinewsgroups@... writes:

      Good morning Group: I have an attorney who is not sure how to title the
      paper "summons" he needs to serve, I know...go figure! ;) Anyway the
      attorney had previously had the summons and complaint served; however
      since then, he had to amended the complaint and now needs to have it
      re-served. So what would be the correct title for the "summons" and
      what is the difference between the following titles I list below; I have
      always assumed they were the same but different variations of the same
      title.

      1) Alias Summons & Complaint. 2) Amended Summons & Complaint. 3)
      Pluries Summons & Complaint. 4) Second Summons & Complaint.

      Thanks for your input in advanced...and make it a great day!!

      Darren

      PS This is a Florida paper.

      Darren L. Epstein, PI

      Counter Intelligence Services

      ( :(954) 764-P-EYE® (7393)

      ( :(800) 757-P-EYE®

      Ê: (954) 525-1057

      *: _Darren@..._
      (mailto:Darren@...)
      <mailto:_Darren@..._
      (mailto:Darren@...) >

      WWW.Counter-Intelligence.com <_http://www.counter-intelligence.com/_
      (http://www.counter-intelligence.com/) >

      This electronic message transmission contains information from the
      corporate offices of Counter Intelligence Services® that may be
      confidential or privileged. The information is intended to be for the
      use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended
      recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of
      the contents of this information is prohibited. If you have received
      this electronic transmission in error, please notify us by telephone
      (800) 757-P-EYEâ (7393) or by electronic mail
      _Info@..._ (mailto:Info@...)
      <mailto:_Info@..._ (mailto:Info@...)

      immediately, thank you.