Re: [infoguys-list] Question into the difference between - Alias, Pluries, Se...

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 3, 2011
      If he had to AMEND the S & C, then the service would be for an Amended
      Summons & Complaint.

      Alias and Pluries wouldn't apply since the first service was successful.
      An ALIAS writ or summons usually references a second writ or summons served
      when the first attempt at serving the writ or summons was unsuccessful.
      PLURIES is for the 3rd, 4th, etc. issuances when previous attempts to serve
      have been unsuccessful.

      At least that's what they were when I attended law school.

      ________________________

      thank a military veteran

    • oracleintl@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 3, 2011
        I must be missing something here.

        Insofar as I am aware, you don't need to "re-serve" someone an amended
        complaint. In every area that I have been involved in a case (I suppose some
        states may have a different system) you simply amend the complaint and file
        it, with copies to the parties. The other side was properly noticed as
        evidenced by effective service that the case is underway - that's all service
        is for.

        Now, it would be different if the Complaint was amended to add a new
        party. In that case, you would have to serve them but it would not be a
        "re-serve."

        As far as the Alias and Pluries Summons, it is my understanding that they
        follow an unsuccessful initial attempt at service. The Alias Summons is
        for effort number two, and all subsequent efforts are by Pluries Summons.

        Maybe I'm just all confused . . . if I'm all wrong in this that must be
        it as it is way too early for me to be drunk, and way too late for me to
        still be drunk from last night.

        ; )

        Bill

        In a message dated 2/3/2011 11:21:52 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
        cispinewsgroups@... writes:

        Good morning Group: I have an attorney who is not sure how to title the
        paper "summons" he needs to serve, I know...go figure! ;) Anyway the
        attorney had previously had the summons and complaint served; however
        since then, he had to amended the complaint and now needs to have it
        re-served. So what would be the correct title for the "summons" and
        what is the difference between the following titles I list below; I have
        always assumed they were the same but different variations of the same
        title.

        1) Alias Summons & Complaint. 2) Amended Summons & Complaint. 3)
        Pluries Summons & Complaint. 4) Second Summons & Complaint.

        Thanks for your input in advanced...and make it a great day!!

        Darren

        PS This is a Florida paper.

        Darren L. Epstein, PI

        Counter Intelligence Services

        ( :(954) 764-P-EYE® (7393)

        ( :(800) 757-P-EYE®

        Ê: (954) 525-1057

        *: _Darren@..._
        (mailto:Darren@...)
        <mailto:_Darren@..._
        (mailto:Darren@...) >

        WWW.Counter-Intelligence.com <_http://www.counter-intelligence.com/_
        (http://www.counter-intelligence.com/) >

        This electronic message transmission contains information from the
        corporate offices of Counter Intelligence Services® that may be
        confidential or privileged. The information is intended to be for the
        use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended
        recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of
        the contents of this information is prohibited. If you have received
        this electronic transmission in error, please notify us by telephone
        (800) 757-P-EYEâ (7393) or by electronic mail
        _Info@..._ (mailto:Info@...)
        <mailto:_Info@..._ (mailto:Info@...)

        immediately, thank you.