White House Strikes Death Panels

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 5, 2011
      Having read the entire Obamacare bill more than one time, and finding
      myself offended and pissed off at much of it, I can honestly say that the
      portions that upset me the most were the sections about what is commonly
      referred to as the "death panels". Anyone over 65, healthy or otherwise, having
      to have that crap rammed down their throats annually, in my opinion, was
      outrageous. I truly felt that rather healthy seniors might succumb to the
      intended Pavlovian effect and that not only frightened me, it angered me.

      This, my dear friends, is a wonderful headline !!!!!

      White House Strikes Death Panels

      Wednesday, 05 Jan 2011 11:17 AM

      Conservatives opposed to medical death panels have something to celebrate.
      The White House is making an about-face on the issue, striking references
      to end-of-life planning as part of annual physical exams in a Medicare
      regulation that took effect Jan. 1, administration officials tell _The New York
      Times_
      (http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/05/health/policy/05health.html?_r=2&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss) .

      The action represents a quick reversal after the backdoor insertion of the
      death panel idea sparked vociferous opposition from Republicans.

      “While administration officials cited procedural reasons for changing the
      rule, it was clear that political concerns were also a factor,” The Times
      states.

      “The renewed debate over advance care planning threatened to become a
      distraction to administration officials who were gearing up to defend the health
      law against attack by the new Republican majority in the House.”