RE: [infoguys-list] Blackberry Tracking

  • TSCM/SO Group
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 20, 2010
      See flexispy, smartguard, cellrecon, and check crackberry.com, theres other
      apps that will do this

      Mitch Davis
      TSCM/Special Operations Group
      20 Music Square West,Suite 208
      Nashville,TN 37203 USA
      615 251 0441
      Fax 615 523 0300
      mitchd@...
      <http://www.tscmusa.com> www.tscmusa.com

      "maintaining a higher degree of excellence"
      ******************************
      Tools for investigators at <http://www.covertworx.com/> www.covertworx.com

      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 20, 2010
        PS It is illegal, getting someone to do something is another story.

        Only countermeasure is to have them do a security wipe on the phones and
        reload a clean operating system from rim OR have the phones replaced with
        new ones so the ESN is different.

        If you want to look for the spyware, a competent handheld examiner can do
        this ( like us) 400 per unit

        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 21, 2010
          Merry Christmas Everyone;

          I've been reading the post's and there has been several valid and good advise promoted ... but I would like to start at the beginning if I may ...

          1. What types of phones does the wife and daughter has ... I know the husband has a blackberry, according to the post ... but the other phones were not identified ... this goes a long way to determine precisely how we are to approch this situation ... as the Blackberry system and a non-blackberry system have two different communications protocols and they would have to be identified for proper access controls and authentication from one phone system to the Blackberry prior to the Blackberry accepting any communications ...

          2. Can you please describe to me what you mean by "TRACKING CARD" ... that to me is describing hardware, an object, something physical which is attached to the phone ...

          2a. If it is hardware, just detach it ... perform a power off and re-power it back up for the system to recognize the phone and it's elements and they the phone should resume normal communications without the "tracking" capability (because it was removed) ... however, this means someone had to crack open the phone, install the hardware and then put it back together ... there's not a lot of room inside the casing of a cell phone, so the person putting it back together better be very very good at it ... also look on the casing for scratches that you did not put on yourself from normal wear and tear ... most owners know when they dropped the phone or somehow scratched it ...

          3. If not hardware, then it must be software ... I'm a cell fone forensic examiner for Directive 63 out of Fredericksburg Virginia, so I have not seen the subject phones or phyical pieces of gear to review as evidence. However, if there is software attached to your cell phone, then all you need to do to prove this theory or disprove it, is down log the cell phone(s) logs and perform an audit on it. There you will find the history of the phone's activities going back as far as the last purge (if that was performed).

          4. Once you perform your audit examination, if you find a software program that was not delievered on the phone at purchase or that you did not put on yourself or were aware of it, then just delete that program ... then complete a power off of your system, and wait for a minute or so, then power it back on and it will be as it was prior to the contamination of the software ...

          I hope this helps. I'm sorry I can't provide further information at this time without actually seeing the phone or receiving specific questions. If there is anything else I can do please don't hesitate to drop me a line ...

          Tom
          - - - - - - -

          Thomas A. Baer
          Directive 63, Inc. (D.63)