And Obama has the audacity to sue AZ

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 15, 2010
      Border Agent Killed In Shootout With 'Bandits'
      Bandits Target Illegal Immigrants, Says Border Agents Union
      Steve Stout, KPHO.com
      POSTED: 7:19 am MST December 15, 2010
      UPDATED: 5:49 pm MST December 15, 2010

      (http://www.addthis.com/bookmark.php?v=250&winname=addthis&pub=kpho5&source=tbx-250&lng=en-us&s=facebook&url=http://www.kpho.com/news/26140726/detail.h
      tml&title=Border%20Agent%20Killed%20In%20Shootout%20With%20'Bandits'%20-%20P
      hoenix%20News%20Story%20-%20KPHO%20Phoenix&ate=AT-kpho5/-/-/4d09656e69504f64
      /1&sms_ss=1&at_xt=1&CXNID=2000001.5215456080540439074NXC&pre=http://www.patr
      iotactionnetwork.com/forum/topic/show?id=2600775%3ATopic%3A3000670&xgs=1&xg_
      source=msg_share_topic&tt=0) |_Share_
      (http://www.addthis.com/bookmark.php?v=250)

      (http://cf.kpho.com/pho/sh/toafriend/index.cfm?page=http://www.kpho.com/news/26140726/detail.html) _›› Print_
      (http://www.kpho.com/print/26140726/detail.html)
      92% are _OUTRAGED_ (http://www.kpho.com/news/26140726/detail.html#vote) |
      _Comments (5)_ (http://www.kpho.com/news/26140726/detail.html#comments)

      NOGALES, Ariz. -- A U.S. Border Patrol agent was killed during an exchange
      of gunfire between agents and several armed individuals near the
      Arizona-Mexico border Tuesday night.
      The head of a Border Patrol agents' union said agent Brian A. Terry was
      shot to death north of the Arizona-Mexico border while trying to catch
      "bandits" who target illegal immigrants.
      National Border Patrol Council President T.J. Bonner said Terry was
      waiting with three other agents in a remote area north of Nogales late last night
      when a gun battle with the bandits ensued. No other agents were injured,
      but one of the suspects was wounded in the shootout.
      The Border Patrol said that Manuel Arianes, a.k.a. Manuel Arellanes
      Osorio, was wounded in the gunfight.
      Arianes, 34, and a Mexican national, was convicted in Maricopa County
      Superior Court in 2006 for aggravated assault on a police officer, and had been
      deported to Mexico twice, according to sources familiar with his case.
      Border Patrol spokesman Eric Cantu and FBI spokeswoman Brenda Lee Nath
      declined to confirm Bonner's account, but said authorities have four suspects
      in custody and are searching for a fifth.
      FBI Special Agent Manuel J. Johnson confirmed authorities were still
      searching for a fifth suspect.
      Johnson said Terry died shortly after he was shot about 11:15 p.m. in a
      remote and rugged area near Rio Rico, just north of Nogales.
      No names of those in custody were available, Johnson said.
      "Our thoughts and prayers are with the Terry family for their tragic
      loss," said U.S. Customs and Border Protection Commissioner Alan Bersin.
      "Our commitment to Agent Terry and his family is that we will do
      everything possible to bring to justice those responsible for this despicable act"
      Bersin said.
      The FBI is leading the investigation with cooperation of the Santa Cruz
      County Sheriff's Office, according to CBP.
      "Today we are deeply saddened by the loss of Agent Brian Terry, a patrol
      officer from the Nogales Border Patrol Station," the Arizona Cattleman's
      Association said in a news release. "We are thankful for his dedicated service
      to protecting the United States of America."
      U.S. Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., said, "This event is yet another reminder
      of the dangers the men and women of the Border Patrol face every day as
      they put their lives on the line to protect the American people.
      "The increased violence in the border region demands that Congress provide
      the necessary resources and personnel to ensure the safety of all
      Americans, especially border patrol agents stationed on the border, and fulfill the
      Federal government's responsibility to secure our border," McCain said.