Viva la Russia !!!

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 13, 2010
      Even though I do not understand Russian, the pictures speak for
      themselves.

      The video shows Russian Marines on board a Somalia pirate ship shortly
      after the Russians had rescued an oil tanker from its Somalia captors. All
      conversations are in Russian with the single exception of a wounded pirate
      saying something in English and the Russian soldier responding, "This is not a
      fishing boat."

      After the soldiers freed their compatriots and the tanker, the Russian
      Navy Commandos moved the pirates back to their own (pirate) ship then
      searched the pirate ship for weapons and explosives. The commandos then left the
      ship and exploded it with all remaining pirates hand-cuffed to it. They
      sank the pirate ship along with the pirates . . . without any court
      proceedings, lawyers etc. They used the anti-piracy laws of the 18th and 19th
      centuries where the captain of the rescuing ship has the right to decide what to
      do with the pirates. Usually, in those circumstances, pirates were hung.

      It's likely that in the future, Russian ships will not be targets for
      Somalia pirates. Problem solved. It would be refreshing to see our government
      give our Naval Commanders the same latitude.

      I do think it is hysterical that the stupid pirates would insult the
      Russian Commandos by pretending to be a "fishing boat" when it is so obvious
      that is not true.

      _http://true-turtle.livejournal.com/85315.html_
      (http://true-turtle.livejournal.com/85315.html)