Re: [infoguys-list] If anyone has any sent email in their email box they did ...

  • Patrick Smith
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 17, 2010
      Aaron, I am not sure what you mean by, " to question it being opened is rather silly."  I never questioned anything.  And I do so apologize for grouping Kaspersky in with the other Anti-Virus software that is out on the market today.  Reading the article from the link that you sent reminds me that I don't know it all.  Thank you for setting me straight on that one.  I did, however, group the software with Norton and McAffee because computers have come into our store with viruses and Kaspersky was installed on the machine.  I did not mean to imply that I was also grading Internet Security software.  I was basically stating facts from my own experience that there are software programs out there that claim to be the one true anti-virus program to be had.

      Patrick Smith
      :-)
      Computer Programmer/Analyst/Instructor/PC Technician/Amateur Web Page Designer/Technician for hire.
      Still looking for that dream job that constantly eludes me!!!

      --- On Tue, 11/16/10, Aaron Simons <securedsolutions@...>

      From: Aaron Simons <securedsolutions@...>
      Subject: Re: [infoguys-list] If anyone has any sent email in their email box they did ...
      To: infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tuesday, November 16, 2010, 7:06 PM

      Patrick,

      I appreciate that you seem to know, and want to help with people

      having issues in regard to PC security, but when doing so, please be

      sure you are correct when offering that advice.

      First off, an email can be sent to spam for many reasons, and can do

      so simply for having keywords that will identify that email as a

      possible spam communication.

      That being said, to question it being opened is rather silly.

      I don't mean to sound harsh, but if your also grading internet

      security software, then perhaps you should read a bit more carefully

      before doing so. Kaspersky detected that virus/worm in 2008, and I

      will guarantee you that Kaspersky is at the top of the game and heres

      the proof just on the one you mentioned.

      http://www.kaspersky.com/news?id=207575670