Happy 235th Birthday Marines!

  • G.E. INVESTIGATIONS
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 5, 2010
      It is that wonderful time of year again (10 November), where ALL MARINES, current and former look around for a fellow Marine to say...

      HAPPY 235th BIRTHDAY, DEVIL DOG!!

      Since 1775, the United States Marines have made the world a safer and better place to live.

      There are so many, but I wished to share some of my favorite quotes about the United States Marines...

      ** President Ronald Reagan said in 1985,
      >>> Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem!

      ** RAdm."Jay" R. Stark, USN; 10 November 1995 said,
      >>> Marines I see as two breeds, Rottweilers or Dobermans, because Marines come in two varieties, big and mean, or skinny and mean.
      They're aggressive on the attack and tenacious on defense. They've got really short hair and they always go for the throat.

      ** Karen Aquilar, in the U.S. Embassy; Mogadishu, Somalia, 1991 said,
      >>> They told (us) to open up the Embassy, or "we'll blow you away." And then they looked up and saw the Marines on the roof with these really big guns, and they said in Somali, "Igaralli ahow," which means "Excuse me, I didn't mean it, my mistake."

      ** Thomas E. Ricks; Making the Corps, 1997 said,
      >>> The United States Marine Corps, with it fiercely proud tradition of excellence in combat, its hallowed rituals, and its unbending code of honor, is part of the fabric of American myth.

      There is only one thing in this world that I hold near and dear to my heart....
      My children and family which includes every United States Marine (which, I too am proud to claim "The Title").

      This which has always been and will continue to be one of my most cherished accomplishment.

      The CEO & Founder of GoDaddy.com, Bob Parsons, is himself a Decorated Former Marine and Purple Heart Recipient (Vietnam). OOH-RAH!

      https://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/holiday/usmc2009/default.asp?isc=gdr1162a

      Here is a link to an OUTSTANDINGLY wonderful 235th United States Marine Corps Birthday Tribute, from the Commandant & the SgtMaj of the Marine Corps!

      ** G.E. Investigations (Company Site)... http://www.GeInvestigations.com

      ** 2010 Video (You Tube)... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxSoEudUsRc

      ** 2009 Video (You Tube)... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7Bicfc9dp0

      As a final note, in history, as always there is a war on somewhere in the world and the United States Marines are always there to protect those who cannot protect themselves.

      "SEMPER FIDELIS" or "Semper Fi" as it has come to be known, is the Marines motto and it means "Always Faithful"!

      I have always believed this to be true.

      SEMPER FIDELIS... is a Way of Life!!

      And with VETERAN's DAY directly following...

      I also wish to say Thank You for their sacrifice and eternal dedication to"DUTY, HONOR, COUNTRY".

      As to my cousins in other branches of the armed services, I also send best wishes for a safe tour and GODSPEED home to your families.

      "FAIR WINDS and FOLLOWING SEAS" to all my brothers, sisters & cousins.

      Professionally,

      G.E. Investigations